What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Some Background information:

I went to a community college for two years and then transferred out to a four year college, but during the first three semester i had to withdraw from classes because of medical reason. During my time at the community college i took chemistry and physics; i got Ds. And I plan to repeat them.

Now:
I am in a four year college, working on a degree in behavioral neurobiology, and will be repeating 2 major science courses, (see above) and a few math and psychology courses; and in he next year i plan to work as a medical transcriber and go to school; and volunteer (already have 150 hrs)and after taking he first half of my biology class plan to do research with biology department, and continue that until i complete my degree.

My overall GPA : Not sure because of transfer (prior to transfer, it was a 1.90), and my science was maybe a 1.00.

If you have any advise please let me know.

Members don't see this ad.

Hard to say, but definitely retake chem and physics and aim for As. Get involved with research, continue volunteering, get some shadowing experience, and try to get your GPA up to at least 3.2 and apply to DO schools. Kick a** on the MCAT when the time comes. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
How many more credit hours do you have left? Anybody has a shot, it all depends on what you do with it. If this is a serious commitment you're ready to make, and you need to pretty much ace everything from here on out, you'll show a great trend reversal and that you can handle serious academic rigor. If you maintain anywhere close to a mediocre GPA though your chances are slim to none. The moral here, is your destiny is in your hands. You have to know what it takes, and prove you are capable.

How many more credit hours do you have left? Anybody has a shot, it all depends on what you do with it. If this is a serious commitment you're ready to make, and you need to pretty much ace everything from here on out, you'll show a great trend reversal and that you can handle serious academic rigor. If you maintain anywhere close to a mediocre GPA though your chances are slim to none. The moral here, is your destiny is in your hands. You have to know what it takes, and prove you are capable.

I just declared my major; so you can say that i still have 2-3 years left because the major is 76 credits, and I'm in my lower-junior year.

If you get all A's from here on out, do well on the MCAT and fill in all the necessary ECs it's possible. It depends on what your GPA is now if all A's will still be able to help you though. You really need to break the 3.0 barrier before it becomes reasonable to apply.

what kind of KCs are you talking about?;
because i am volunteering more, and getting a job as a medical transcriptionist; and will be doing research in the summer/fall

Hello. I would like to begin by saying this, please remember that although we are all supporters we are also your competition. (hehe) So if someone on here tells you that you do not have a chance, DO NOT LISTEN TO THEM!!! You do need to get your GPA up, think about every possible block you can check even if it is not required such as more volunteer hours, job shadowing some physicians etc. Make a list of everything you can think of that will help you get into med school and start working on it.