What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Perseverance13

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I am currently applying and I wanted to find out what my chances are. I'd appreciate any type of feedback!
GPA : 3.91
MCAT: 34

Extracurriculars:
300+ hours volunteered at the hospital in multiple departments.
50+ hours at a local soup kitchen
TA'd a Leadership and Service class
TA'd General Chemistry
Went to Honduras to help physicians serve under-privileged patients
1 year of research (no publications)
Member of the recruitment committee of the nationally recognized medical fraternity, phi delta epsilon
Helped fundraise thousands of dollars for medical-related causes (Alzheimers, cancer, etc.)

Can anyone please give me feedback about my application? I never use this site and I just wanted to get an opinion from people who seem to know about the process a lot more than I do. I am going to apply to 10 reach schools, and around 7-8 mid-tier schools. If it helps, I am a NY resident. So, what are my chances to get accepted somewhere?

Members don't see this ad.

Odds are very good. You should be set if you apply to all NY schools.

Looks good! Apply as early as you can and you will be ok! Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you shadow any doctors? It can be important to have some shadowing hours on there.

Everything else looks good to go

Thanks for the replies guys! I appreciate it!
Hey Goro, what should I do to make my application more appealing to the schools you've listed? I was really interested in NYU and Columbia.

Thanks for the replies guys! I appreciate it!
Hey Goro, what should I do to make my application more appealing to the schools you've listed? I was really interested in NYU and Columbia.
Research experience. As in more of it.