What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

im-possible

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I scored a 25 on my MCAT. Physical Sciences 8 Verbal 8 Biology 9
cum GPA 3.7
Sci GPA 3.6
Average extracurricular and shadow experience

I wanted to know if there is a fair chance to get into DO schools with that score. If so, what schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Apply broadly to DO schools.
Make sure you have shadowed a DO as well.
Good EC would also help

Members don't see this ad :)
I got in this cycle with nearly identical stats to a great DO school, waitlisted at a few other top tier DO programs as well and turned down 2 other acceptances. The importance of applying early cannot be stressed enough, because my 3 acceptances were from all the schools I interviewed at in August and September, while my waitlist invitations were from schools I interviewed at in January or later. Apply EARLY and broadly, get as much DO shadowing and clinical AND non clinical volunteering done as you can from now until June. If you're confident you can 100% do better on the MCAT, retake it, otherwise just stick with your score. You'll get in somewhere, but it might not be to your top choice or even top 3 choices. Avoid Touros, Western, CCOM, and any out of state public COMs. Good luck to you!

Reactions: 1 user