What are my chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scribe687213

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm applying to M.D. and D.O. Programs this next cycle. Some background: 21y/o graduated with a B.S. In Biomedical Sciences and chem minor in 3 years. I'm currently on a gap year and have been working as a medical scribe at a family medicine practice. I'll have 2000+ scribe hours by the time I enter school.

Graduated from college with a 3.7 cgpa and 3.6 sgpa. Mcat 30- bio 10, verbal-11, phys-9. I also have strong rec letters from a few doctors I work with and professors that taught me.

I'm a California resident and will apply to all of the UCs. Anyways I'm trying to narrow down my list of schools I want to apply to. I'm getting advice all over the place from professionals. Some have told me to skip D.O.'s completely and others have said the opposite. Any advice or suggestions? This is my first time on here.

Members don't see this ad.

You are a modest applicant for CA MD schools. You would be a good candidate for UCR if you attended there.
You don't need a narrower list, a broader one is indicated.
An emphasis on OOS private schools that accept a significant number of applicants with a median MCAT near yours.
If you only plan to apply in CA, you have a much better chance at the two DO schools.