MD & DO What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shth

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to apply this upcoming cycle for both MD & DO programs. I graduated 2015 with cGPA of 3.8. I haven't had a chance to calculate science and cumulative separately yet, but my science is higher if anything. I took the old MCAT in a rush right before it changed and got a 27 (10 PS 7 VS 10 BS). I have no idea how I got that 7 because I was scoring my highest on verbal with practice tests. So I'm currently in the process of studying to retake the new MCAT in May.

As for ECs and other things, I got a full time job after graduation at a genetics lab, have about 6 months of shadowing down, did clinical research for a full school year, have >400 hrs of volunteer experience, worked at a clinic for about 6 months, and have tutoring experience for about a year.

Is there anything else I should be working on? And possibly what schools should I be applying to in order to increase my chances?

Members don't see this ad.

There are plenty of DO schools that already will be interested in you. The results of your MCAT retake will determine the level of interest you can generate at MD programs(511+ should be the target).