What are my chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ariredso

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
I have a 3.9 in my Biology Major
going to take MCAT next year
how much do I gave to worry about research or extra curriculars, I have volunteered at clinics and hospitals.

Members don't see this ad.

Also do dentists make more than docs, BC if you look at the average salary of Family Doc vs Dentist its significantly higher for docs. So why do people complain about obamacare?

You are going to have to put more effort into describing your profile if you want us to put in effort helping you out... As it stands you have 0% chance of getting into medical school, maybe come back after the MCAT. ECs matter tremendously. If you aren't more than your numbers, you're out of luck.

I suggest you google about doctors salaries in different specialties, there is plenty of info on the web... If you are going into medicine for the salary you are in for a tough time.

As for Obamacare? lol, learn to google.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh dear, okay, I don't think you want to open that can of worms, especially in the naive, generalized, and oversimplified manner that you did...
And you have to worry about all of those things.
Top 20s pretty much require research, and clinical exposure is an absolute must. Do some ECs that you enjoy, not for the sake of med school apps.

First time using this site really.
I actually already took the DAT and did really well, but I wouldn't enjoy being a dentist so I'm planning on switching to Med.

The median salary of a general internist in 2013 was $186,850, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (www.bls.gov). In 2012,

VS

The median annual wage for dentists was $154,640 in May 2014

So my point is, why are people complaining there is no money in medicine anymore, when clearly they still beat dentists.... Am I missing something?

I will post my resume soon. I am in class in the moment.

I would strongly advise you against letting money guide your career path, especially in a career where lives are at stake. If not for your own long-term happiness' sake, reconsider for the sake of future patients who deserve someone driven by altruism, not greed.

As far as median incomes go, there's entire data-banks of the latest income statistics out there, man. Just use Google.