What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Endoxifen

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am a junior applying next cycle and I want to get a sense of where I stand. My stats are as follows:

Race: White
Residency: Oregon
Honors student
cGPA: 3.97 sGPA:3.98
MCAT: Practice score- 519
Leadership- President and founder of science club
Shadowing- ~50 hours in surgery and clinic (4 doctors currently and a long term arrangement was just made with a neuro-oncologist and a neurosurgeon for many more shadowing and clinical volunteering experiences)
Clinical Experience- None yet, but I am taking a next semester off to do research in an academic hospital and volunteer (Estimated hours- ~240 (palliative care work))... summer work in hospital not included should bring total up to (~500)
Research Experience- ~680 hours, 2 poster presentations, 1 co-authorship on a paper submitted to nature and molecular cell (we'll see how that turns out), and 1st authorship on 4 clinical projects (my PI wants me to present at a national neuro-oncology conference)
LOR- All excellent... 2 from Mayo Clinic (spent two summers there), 2 from my school's med school, rest from school

My success will largely be dependent on if I actually get the hours that I think I will.

School List- This may be a bit ambitious, but

OHSU
Mayo
UWash
Einstein
Penn State Herhsey
Hopkins
U Mich
U Penn
George Washington
Jefferson
Pitt
Sinai
Georgetown
Cornell
U Minnesota
Baylor
Case Western
Rochester
Stanford

Thanks for any help you all can give me!

Members don't see this ad.

It will be much easier to advise you when you have an actual MCAT score rather than speculating based on a practice test score.

Reactions: 1 user
I can appreciate that. Ignoring that, how do I place? I am less concerned with how well I will do on the MCAT and more concerned about how I am positioning myself with regard to my research and clinical experience. Thank you again for your help