This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What are my chances?

• Great!

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • Good, but some areas could be improved

Votes: 28 20.6%
  • You're a pretty average candidate, so it could go either way

Votes: 21 15.4%
  • Not great, but there's room for improvement

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Have you considered under water basket weaving?

Votes: 68 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to throw this out there as well, even if a school isn't well known for zoo stuff doesn't mean they won't have anything. I haven't heard that MN is terribly great at the zoo stuff but I'm in a zoo topics class right now (2 semesters started 2nd semester of first year) and I've gotten to do things like hold off a vein for blood collection on a sloth and give sub Q fluids to a lion. :shrug: And I'm not even zoo focused as a career path! I'm pretty sure you can become a zoo vet with a DVM from any of the accredited schools, just have to make sure to make the most of opportunities while in school (and get experience/make good contacts!).

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just to throw this out there as well, even if a school isn't well known for zoo stuff doesn't mean they won't have anything. I haven't heard that MN is terribly great at the zoo stuff but I'm in a zoo topics class right now (2 semesters started 2nd semester of first year) and I've gotten to do things like hold off a vein for blood collection on a sloth and give sub Q fluids to a lion. :shrug: And I'm not even zoo focused as a career path! I'm pretty sure you can become a zoo vet with a DVM from any of the accredited schools, just have to make sure to make the most of opportunities while in school (and get experience/make good contacts!).

I second this. Sure some colleges may have a larger focus than others but i seriously doubt any will leave you high and dry in the zoo aspect. To me, it'd be worth it to pay IS tuition, and then if necessary do some continuing education for zoo medicine.

If it were me, I'd take an extra year and save my application money. Try to find a lot more experience, ask your animal science professors if they need any help on trials. They often do. Small animal vets have a million pre-vet kids trying to shadow them, keep that in mind and don't get discouraged. Maybe take a one-year master's program to boost your gpa and better ready you for your rigorous semesters in vet school.

Good luck

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you Panderson, Kcoughli, and LetItSnow for your input! It all seems like very good advice! To answer your questions I really want either LSU or NC State because they have great programs for those who wish to be Zoo Vets. I looked into many other schools and almost none of them had actual classes for Zoo vets. Most schools, to me, only seemed to have have a zoo internship/residency at the end of the 4 years in comparison to having Zoo oriented classes and internships/residencies available this seems kind of lame :( This is the beef I have with my IS school! It is a pretty good school, I don't absolutely hate it, its just not exactly what I want, and with something as important as vet school I don't want to settle. I know it's going to be a long road and I'm 99.9% sure I am not getting in this application cycle but I'm all up for the learning experience! Therefore, hopefully, if I don't get in this application cycle the extra time will help me boost my GPAs, get a better GRE score, and gain more experience. The only slim chance of hope I really have for this year is I have a lot of interpersonal skills many people don't seem to have as much of :)
This is where I'm at right now...I just don't know if I should really waste the money applying for many different places if in all honesty I'm not very competitive candidate anywhere quite yet :hungover: Especially for the kind of programs I desire.

I visited UIllinois earlier this summer and I learned that they have a wonderful wildlife club and clinic, which I know is not exactly the same as zoo medicine but would probably still give you a good taste of "out of the box" veterinary medicine. You should check out their site (http://vetmed.illinois.edu/wmc/) and ask some current students about it!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I'm new to the forums and am hoping to get some advice about vet school apps. I'll be a 3rd year this August at UT Austin and am planning to apply to Texas A&M's vet school Fall of 2015. I'd really like to increase my chances of getting in over the next year or so and would love ya'lls input. Thanks!

B.S. in Biology-Honors with minor in Animal Sentience (in an honors program here where you design your own minor)
GPA: 3.96 (total), 4.0 (science)
GRE: haven't taken yet...I took a full practice test the other day to see where I stand (Q: 157, V: 162...didn't take essay but not too worried about it) I also ordered study books that I haven't broken open yet but I plan to study this fall and take it in January

Vet Experience: (probably will have about 1000 hours by application)
Shadowing Veterinary Surgeon
Shadowing in Vet Clinic
Volunteer at low cost Spay/Neuter clinic
Medical volunteer at animal shelter
Receptionist/Tech Assistant at Vet Clinic from high school
*note: this is all small animal...I'm not very interested in large animal medicine but should I get experience anyway (I do have horse experience through Polo, just not LA vet experience)

Animal Experience:
Play Polo (>1000 hrs by application, probably)
Volunteer in animal behavior lab (care for fish, octopuses, assist w/ research) since 1st yr (this isn't vet experience, right?)
Fostering cats for local animal shelter
Does any sort of pet owning experience count? (I've owned quite the variety)
Work at aquarium/fish store in high school

ECs
Co-founded an organization
Started a mentor program w/ local middle school
Mentor in Natural Sciences program

A worry of mine is that I'm only planning to apply to Texas A&M...I believe I have the best chance there since it's my state school (not to mention a much better tuition), but is it crazy to put all my eggs in one basket?

So any ideas on where I can beef up my application? I'd appreciate any help ya'll can give!

Hi! I'm new to the forums and am hoping to get some advice about vet school apps. I'll be a 3rd year this August at UT Austin and am planning to apply to Texas A&M's vet school Fall of 2015. I'd really like to increase my chances of getting in over the next year or so and would love ya'lls input. Thanks!

B.S. in Biology-Honors with minor in Animal Sentience (in an honors program here where you design your own minor)
GRE: haven't taken yet...I took a full practice test the other day to see where I stand (Q: 157, V: 162...didn't take essay but not too worried about it) I also ordered study books that I haven't broken open yet but I plan to study this fall and take it in January

Shadowing in Vet Clinic
*note: this is all small animal...I'm not very interested in large animal medicine but should I get experience anyway (I do have horse experience through Polo, just not LA vet experience)

Animal Experience:
Volunteer in animal behavior lab (care for fish, octopuses, assist w/ research) since 1st yr (this isn't vet experience, right?)

ECs

A worry of mine is that I'm only planning to apply to Texas A&M...I believe I have the best chance there since it's my state school (not to mention a much better tuition), but is it crazy to put all my eggs in one basket?

So any ideas on where I can beef up my application? I'd appreciate any help ya'll can give!
I would definitely get some LA experience. I had absolutely no intention of becoming a LA vet before I shadowed one and now I'm definitely considering it! Also, vet schools like to see well-rounded applicants that seem to have a good understanding of the broad field that is vet medicine. Getting experience in a wide variety of veterinary disciplines, including research, lab animal medicine, food animal medicine, and public health, is a great idea for all applicants.

Good luck with your app! :)

Shadowing in Vet Clinic

Animal Experience:

ECs

Also I'm only applying to my IS because I'm trying to be realistic about debt so you're definitely not alone in the regard.

Thanks for the advice! Will my behavior research count as vet experience (it's supervised by a PhD, not a DVM)? I do want to get some LA experience! Any advice on how to go about doing this? I'd like to shadow a dairy vet or something of that nature but don't know how to go about finding one.

Thanks for the advice! Will my behavior research count as vet experience (it's supervised by a PhD, not a DVM)? I do want to get some LA experience! Any advice on how to go about doing this? I'd like to shadow a dairy vet or something of that nature but don't know how to go about finding one.
Research is research, bottom line. Especially if it's a PhD, not a DVM that's supervising

Yes, I agree with @Gwenevre that that experience would count as research. Regardless, however, I have heard from many admission counselors, members of admission committees and current vet students that vet schools really like seeing research experience if you have the time and means to get some.

As far as LA experience goes, I was able to shadow a doctor every Saturday last spring simply by calling the local LA vets, telling them about my experiences with small animals vets and asking if I could shadow them even though I had ZERO previous experience with horses. I ended up shadowing on Saturdays because the vet I worked with would drive to farms to see his patients and so it was not possible for me to tag along after class on weekdays. If I was in your shoes, I would just try to call around and see who is available, as I'm sure someone will probably be able to help you out :) Also, the vet I shadowed was considered an equestrian vet, but we did see a lot of goats and cows as well so it is possible to get cow experience without shadowing someone who is strictly considered a "dairy vet" (not sure if that is a thing or not).

Shadowing in Vet Clinic

Animal Experience:

ECs

I think your chances for getting an interview at A&M are really good. A&M is very academic focused, so keep doing well in your classes and finish as strong as you've started. :) Your hours are also pretty good, but I would try to get a little more diversity, even if it's just 50 or so hours. A&M loves to see variety! Zoo, wildlife, food animal, equine, etc. As already mentioned, just call around, or better yet, go into clinics and introduce yourself and ask to shadow for even just a day. Impress them and they'll be more likely to let you come back for more.

Research is research, bottom line. Especially if it's a PhD, not a DVM that's supervising

I would normally agree with this, but for A&M, ANY experience under a DVM is vet experience. A&M uses TMDSAS and that application has different rules than VMCAS:

"List all veterinary supervised experience you have participated in since beginning college to the present. Experiences may include clinical, research, on-call as well as any other experiences that were under the direct supervision of a licensed veterinarian."

Though, in this case, animalrie's experience will be just research since it was under a PhD only. I just wanted to post that above bit in case other TMDSAS'ers were reading. :)

Last edited:
Hello! I’ve been here before, but it’s been a few years…
The first time I applied, I was accepted and enrolled at the DVM/PhD program at Mississippi State University. I ended up dropping the DVM portion after my mother passed away. I just couldn’t start something that I had been working so long towards, without giving 100%.
So here I am.
2nd time applicant, 28 yrs old
3.85 gpa for PhD in Veterinary Medical Science (minor in Wildlife & Forestry)
3.57 gpa for BS in Biological Sciences
3.83 last 45 hours
3.4 science gpa in undergrad, 3.85 science in grad school
GRE: 161 V, 157 Q, 4.5 A

Vet experience
~500hrs lab animal (cotton rats, quail, rabbits, deer)
~1000hrs small animal
~100hrs emergency hospital
~200hrs wildlife (rehab, also research)
~25hrs equine
~20hrs ambulatory

Research
~2000hrs research on mosquito ecology
~4000hrs research on tick-borne disease
~500hrs research on Toxocara canis
~160hrs with Helicobacter pylori for a summer

Animal
aside from caring for my own animals...
~250hrs riding and caring for horses
~100hrs guide at marine visitor center
~50hrs pet visitation program
~50hrs care for farm animals (goats, sheep, etc)
I am planning to apply mainly to the West coast (California, since I’m IS there). One of my main questions is should I try the GRE again for UC Davis? I’m not sure my GPA, even with grad school, is competitive enough for them. I think UC Davis (maybe most vet schools?) cares more about this portion of the test.

What do you guys think?
Thanks in advance for your help and in general for helping each other on here! It’s really nice to see people helping each other, especially when this is a pretty competitive game.

"List all veterinary supervised experience you have participated in since beginning college to the present. Experiences may include clinical, research, on-call as well as any other experiences that were under the direct supervision of a licensed veterinarian."

Though, in this case, animalrie's experience will be just research since it was under a PhD only. I just wanted to post that above bit in case other TMDSAS'ers were reading. :)

Oh! So does this mean that TAMU doesn't care about vet experience from high school at all?

Oh! So does this mean that TAMU doesn't care about vet experience from high school at all?

Not really sure. I included the experience I had from high school and didn't have any issues.

Members don't see this ad :)
These applications are daunting!! I never thought I would finally be at this point.
I've been a frequent stalker of these boards, but am always nervous to post on them myself until now.

Truth be told my pre-health advisors are terrible at my college for human medicine, and know absolutely nothing about veterinary medicine. What do you think are my chances? Any feedback is super appreciated. :) * just editing current stats (lackluster)

GRE : 157V 154Q 4.0W
VMCAS Gpa: 3.62
Science Gpa: 3.5
4+ Years of veterinary technician experience (8000+ hours)
1 semester research
200+ equine, farm volunteer hours
500+ hours volunteer (shelter, tnr) experience

Last edited:
Hello! I’ve been here before, but it’s been a few years…
The first time I applied, I was accepted and enrolled at the DVM/PhD program at Mississippi State University. I ended up dropping the DVM portion after my mother passed away. I just couldn’t start something that I had been working so long towards, without giving 100%.
So here I am.
2nd time applicant, 28 yrs old
3.85 gpa for PhD in Veterinary Medical Science (minor in Wildlife & Forestry)
3.57 gpa for BS in Biological Sciences
3.83 last 45 hours
3.4 science gpa in undergrad, 3.85 science in grad school
GRE: 161 V, 157 Q, 4.5 A

Vet experience
~500hrs lab animal (cotton rats, quail, rabbits, deer)
~1000hrs small animal
~100hrs emergency hospital
~200hrs wildlife (rehab, also research)
~25hrs equine
~20hrs ambulatory

Research
~2000hrs research on mosquito ecology
~4000hrs research on tick-borne disease
~500hrs research on Toxocara canis
~160hrs with Helicobacter pylori for a summer

Animal
aside from caring for my own animals...
~250hrs riding and caring for horses
~100hrs guide at marine visitor center
~50hrs pet visitation program
~50hrs care for farm animals (goats, sheep, etc)
I am planning to apply mainly to the West coast (California, since I’m IS there). One of my main questions is should I try the GRE again for UC Davis? I’m not sure my GPA, even with grad school, is competitive enough for them. I think UC Davis (maybe most vet schools?) cares more about this portion of the test.

What do you guys think?
Thanks in advance for your help and in general for helping each other on here! It’s really nice to see people helping each other, especially when this is a pretty competitive game.

As far as gpas.. they look at cumulative, science, and last 45. What is your cumulative and overall science gpa? When I applied last year, Davis looked at the gpa for all science courses (even history of dinosaurs.....) so I'm guessing that they would include your graduate level science courses in that gpa.. Your last 45 units are very good. Also, what are your percentiles for the GRE? Based on what those scores meant when I took the GRE last year, I'm thinking they are pretty good scores and wouldn't require retaking unless you think that you can really increase the quantitative score.. Davis says that they only look at quant.

As far as gpas.. they look at cumulative, science, and last 45. What is your cumulative and overall science gpa? When I applied last year, Davis looked at the gpa for all science courses (even history of dinosaurs.....) so I'm guessing that they would include your graduate level science courses in that gpa.. Your last 45 units are very good. Also, what are your percentiles for the GRE? Based on what those scores meant when I took the GRE last year, I'm thinking they are pretty good scores and wouldn't require retaking unless you think that you can really increase the quantitative score.. Davis says that they only look at quant.

Davis does seem pretty strict on judging applicants... I'll have to calculate my cumulative, but I think overall science was around 3.6? My GRE quantitative percentile was 68%. I like math, but I'm slow by GRE standards, so I usually run out of time :/
By the way, did you enjoy history of dinosaurs? :)
(And how are you liking Cornell? I was there for undergrad!)

Davis does seem pretty strict on judging applicants... I'll have to calculate my cumulative, but I think overall science was around 3.6? My GRE quantitative percentile was 68%. I like math, but I'm slow by GRE standards, so I usually run out of time :/
By the way, did you enjoy history of dinosaurs? :)
(And how are you liking Cornell? I was there for undergrad!)

Yea.. what I've been told is they plug your stats into a computer system.. top whatever percent get offered interviews. I don't remember my exact stats.. but I think my stats were similar to yours and I was offered an interview..... pretty much bombed the MMI though so ended up getting waitlisted. You got into school the first time, and you appear to have only improved your application so that's great. Good luck!

At the time I did enjoy the history of dinos.. but I was also a psych major and not so concerned about my grades.. so I wasn't too happy with that being included on my Davis science gpa.. I actually took that at UCSC (noticed your location is santa cruz :D) And so far I'm liking Cornell.. we haven't started classes yet, but I am enjoying exploring Ithaca and the vibe of the area/school).

Hello all
I'm a soon to be 20 year old junior who's kinda freaking out. I live in NY but go to school in KY. Here are my stats:
Cumulative GPA: 3.52
Science GPA (based on bio, phys 1, chem 1&2 and org chem 1.) 3.2
Last 45: haven't taken them yet but I have 71 credit hours and I'm taking 19 this semester and in the past I've taken 17-16-19-19. My GPA has been from a 3.7-3.2.
GRE: haven't taken that either

Vet Experience:
~200 SA
~100 LA
(That's just this summer and I plan on shadowing some more next summer)
Animal Experience:
I've raised and showed sheep since I was 7 up until I was 14 so I'm not sure how they would go about that but I assisted in birth, shots, tagging, banding, clipping, shearing, ect.
Owned and cared for horses since I was 12 to the present
Helped friends with their dairy farms (not sure if this count either)
I've been riding horses since I was 8

Clubs/Extra:
Horseman's club
Pre-vet/AHT
Col. FFA
Col. 4H (treasurer)
College RCC (historian)
Block and Bridle
Equestrian team
First Year Leader
National society of collegiate scholars
Deans list 2 times
"Outstanding member of the year" for col. 4H. It was given out at the Ag. Banquet.

So that's a little about me. Other stuff that I'm not sure if it matters but I'm deaf in my left ear, I live on a hay farm and I took organic chem. 1 and physics 1 in the same semester (course vigor?). Any suggestions would be great. I was told by a vet that I need to improve my GPA (org. Chem. 2, Phys 2, and zoology all this semester, shoot me now lol). Thank you and I'm so sorry this is so long.

Last 45: haven't taken them yet but I have 71 credit hours and I'm taking 19 this semester and in the past I've taken 17-16-19-19. My GPA has been from a 3.7-3.2.
When the application asks for "last 45 GPA" they are looking for the GPA of the last 45 credit hours you have taken thus far. So, even though you are a junior and havn't graduated yet, you do still have a last 45 GPA :)

Hey everyone, this is my first time posting and I was hoping to get some feedback if you wouldn't mind. I just took my GRE and I'm wondering if I should retake it or not. I struggle with verbal, but I'm not sure if I should retake it and I was wondering if i should try to improve my Quantitative score. My top choice is UC Davis, but I am applying to other out of state schools as well. Thank you in advance for all your advice, I appreciate it!

GRE: V 150 Q157 W 4.5
CumGPA:3.7
SGPA: 3.66
Last 45:3.83

Vet experience:
380 Hours as a junior technician at specialty hospital
330 hours shadowing Holistic Vet
240 hours interning with Research veterinarian
100 hours internship from HS
6 hours monitoring anesthesia of pigs

Animal experience:
50 hours animal shelter
400 hours agility
400 hours flyball
100 hours obedience
100 hours rally
These are my junior handler experiences from owning a dog

Research
113 hours at lab

Employment: none

Awards:
Dean's Honor list x7
Sportsmanship Award
Varsity Coaches Award
Outstanding Track Award
Best Junior Handler
Coaches Award JV Cross Country
Junior handle Award of Merit

EC Activities:
Pre-Vet Society

Highschool EC:
Hospitality Committee
Key Club
CA Scholarship Federation
Class Council
Science Club

Last edited:
Hi everyone. I'm looking for some advice and feedback about my stats and chances. I have a bachelor's degree in Professional Writing and a minor in Psychology, so during my undergrad I didn't need to take much science. I took intro to Bio and a class about Dinosaurs and I received A's in both.

I had a lot going on during my undergrad...during the first few years I did some irreparable damage...so even though I graduated with honors and my last year or two of GPA's were 3.76...3.89...3.92...etc my cumulative is only 3.08 :(

After that, I started a veterinary technician program...I did three semesters and received A's and B's (before realizing I needed to stop being scared and start applying to vet schools.) I hated to quit something, but it's a lot of money to finish out the program knowing that I will still need to complete more prerequisites for vet school. My cumulative there was a 3.41. Even though the classes only fill the requirements for science electives, I've had chemistry, intro to medicine, pharmacology & anesthesia, lab animal science, clinical chemistry/veterinary pathology, parasitology, and other helpful courses with labs.

Other than chemistry, I haven't taken my prerequisites yet. I plan to take them this year and apply by putting them in my "planned/in progress" section as some schools have advised me to do. I am also scheduled to take the GRE's on August 19th.

I've been working as a vet assistant since February in a small animal hospital...I work full-time and directly with vets and techs all day, and have first-hand experience in all areas there, i.e.: nursing rooms, filling meds, assisting in surgery, monitoring anesthesia, in-house fecals and urinalyses, certified to administer pro heart injection, etc.

As for large animal experience, my cousin is a tech and owns a farm with horses (and also chickens and roosters--not exactly large animal, I know). I have hands-on experience in basic care and maintenance of horses and their husbandry with a small amount of experience in horse venipuncture.

I volunteered at the University of Penn in the wards section of the small animal hospital for a semester, cleaning and doing laundry, stocking shelves, etc.

During my time in the tech program I had a lot of hands-on experience with lab animals. i.e.: beagles, rabbits, rats, hamsters, and mice. I learned venipuncture, restraint, gavaging, and had many hours of husbandry and cleaning assignments for different weeks as a requirement for certain courses.

I've also been watching a few of my neighbors dogs for years, since they travel often I'm usually with their pets for long periods of time.

My references are: a veterinarian who teaches at Harcum (the tech school I went to), a veterinarian from work, the program director from the tech school, and my practice manager. At this point I am looking for any and all feedback you guys may have. I'm in the process of applying for matriculation in fall of 2015. I'm hoping to confirm what schools will care the least about the years that I didn't do so hot during the beginning of my undergrad, but will pay attention to my science grades from the tech school, my experience, and the later semesters--or the trend--of my bachelor's where I graduated with honors.

I also held a position in my sorority where we did a good amount of community service and fundraisers.

Thank you, all! Hope to hear from you

Last edited:
Hi everyone. I'm looking for some advice and feedback about my stats and chances. I have a bachelor's degree in Professional Writing and a minor in Psychology, so during my undergrad I didn't need to take much science. I took intro to Bio and a class about Dinosaurs and I received A's in both.

I had a lot going on during my undergrad...during the first few years I did some irreparable damage...so even though I graduated with honors and my last year or two of GPA's were 3.76...3.89...3.92...etc my cumulative is only 3.08 :(

After that, I started a veterinary technician program...I did three semesters and received A's and B's (before realizing I needed to stop being scared and start applying to vet schools.) I hated to quit something, but it's a lot of money to finish out the program knowing that I will still need to complete more prerequisites for vet school. My cumulative there was a 3.41. Even though the classes only fill the requirements for science electives, I've had chemistry, intro to medicine, pharmacology & anesthesia, lab animal science, clinical chemistry/veterinary pathology, parasitology, and other helpful courses with labs.

Other than chemistry, I haven't taken my prerequisites yet. I plan to take them this year and apply by putting them in my "planned/in progress" section as some schools have advised me to do. I am also scheduled to take the GRE's on August 19th.

I've been working as a vet assistant since February in a small animal hospital...I work full-time and directly with vets and techs all day, and have first-hand experience in all areas there, i.e.: nursing rooms, filling meds, assisting in surgery, monitoring anesthesia, in-house fecals and urinalyses, certified to administer pro heart injection, etc.

As for large animal experience, my cousin is a tech and owns a farm with horses (and also chickens and roosters--not exactly large animal, I know). I have hands-on experience in basic care and maintenance of horses and their husbandry with a small amount of experience in horse venipuncture.

I volunteered at the University of Penn in the wards section of the small animal hospital for a semester, cleaning and doing laundry, stocking shelves, etc.

During my time in the tech program I had a lot of hands-on experience with lab animals. i.e.: beagles, rabbits, rats, hamsters, and mice. I learned venipuncture, restraint, gavaging, and had many hours of husbandry and cleaning assignments for different weeks as a requirement for certain courses.

I've also been watching a few of my neighbors dogs for years, since they travel often I'm usually with their pets for long periods of time.

My references are: a veterinarian who teaches at Harcum (the tech school I went to), a veterinarian from work, the program director from the tech school, and my practice manager. At this point I am looking for any and all feedback you guys may have. I'm in the process of applying for matriculation in fall of 2015. I'm hoping to confirm what schools will care the least about the years that I didn't do so hot during the beginning of my undergrad, but will pay attention to my science grades from the tech school, my experience, and the later semesters--or the trend--of my bachelor's where I graduated with honors.

I also held a position in my sorority where we did a good amount of community service and fundraisers.

Thank you, all! Hope to hear from you

If you have only taken chemistry (I'm assuming you took a year..?), I would check to make sure that it even makes sense to apply this year.. or if you even qualify. I know that a lot of schools want your pre-reqs done by the spring, and some limit the number of classes that you can take in that spring semester. If you have only taken chem and an intro bio course.. you may still need (varies from school to school.. but in general) another semester of bio, a year of physics, year of ochem, biochem (usually having ochem as a pre-req for biochem) for a lot of schools.. oh and physiology.. It seems like a lot to fit in to a year and have listed as planned/in-progress. With your concern about your cumulative gpa.. I would probably wait until next year to apply and get more of your pre-reqs under your belt.. do well.. that way, when you apply you can show the adcom that you can do well is heavy duty science courses... I'm really not sure how they view tech courses so I can't really comment on that.

If you have only taken chemistry (I'm assuming you took a year..?), I would check to make sure that it even makes sense to apply this year.. or if you even qualify. I know that a lot of schools want your pre-reqs done by the spring, and some limit the number of classes that you can take in that spring semester. If you have only taken chem and an intro bio course.. you may still need (varies from school to school.. but in general) another semester of bio, a year of physics, year of ochem, biochem (usually having ochem as a pre-req for biochem) for a lot of schools.. oh and physiology.. It seems like a lot to fit in to a year and have listed as planned/in-progress. With your concern about your cumulative gpa.. I would probably wait until next year to apply and get more of your pre-reqs under your belt.. do well.. that way, when you apply you can show the adcom that you can do well is heavy duty science courses... I'm really not sure how they view tech courses so I can't really comment on
that.

Thank you! :)

Hi guys this is my second time applying to Veterinary schools. I'm applying to University of Illonois, MSU, and Ohio State. My GPA has risen a lot since last time.
Grades
B.S. in Zoology-Neurology + Animal Behavior Concentration
Cum-3.5
Last 45~3.8
Prerequisite~3.5-3.6
Sciences only 3.7
Experiences
200 Equine Vet
250 Large-Hospital Emergency vet
250 SA
50 another local SA
800 SA (Employed currently)
(1,500 total)
Animal Experiences
100 hours volunteering at a Horse Rescue
If I can include owning and training pets then probably past 3000 in this section.
Other
Extensive volunteering activities, EC, and research (Was basically told I was fine on this part my last go around)
Tests
Quant-157
Qual-156
Written-5

Hi guys this is my second time applying to Veterinary schools. I'm applying to University of Illonois, MSU, and Ohio State. My GPA has risen a lot since last time.
Grades
B.S. in Zoology-Neurology + Animal Behavior Concentration
Cum-3.5
Last 45~3.8
Prerequisite~3.5-3.6
Sciences only 3.7
Experiences
200 Equine Vet
250 Large-Hospital Emergency vet
250 SA
50 another local SA
800 SA (Employed currently)
(1,500 total)
Animal Experiences
100 hours volunteering at a Horse Rescue
If I can include owning and training pets then probably past 3000 in this section.
Other
Extensive volunteering activities, EC, and research (Was basically told I was fine on this part my last go around)
Tests
Quant-157
Qual-156
Written-5

22, Female, CO resident, Chadron State College undergrad
Majors – General Biology with an emphasis in pre-vet med
Minors – None
Graduating Spring 2014

Applying 2015:
Colorado State (IS), Kansas State
Last year, I applied to Colorado, Kansas, Washington, Missouri, and Penn with better academics, but much lower vet hours and a middle of the road vet recommendation. Waitlisted at Kansas

Academics:
Cum GPA:
Last 45: 3.075
Overall Science: I haven't calculated it b/c Colorado and Kansas don't really look at it.
GRE:V-155 Q-145 A-5.0
Experience:
Veterinary: 600

475 vet assistant/receptionist at small animal hospital that takes emergencies
90 intern at small animal hospital that specialized in dental
135 shadowing at a small animal hospital

Animal: >5,500
4,500 working in my family's pet store
1,000 showing horses
Pet ownership: I would have a few thousand here easy, but I don't really know if I should include it. These hours would be in training, classes, etc. b/c we've owned several dozen dogs alone during my life

Research:None
Employment:
1160 as an RA then Senior RA at school
1024 as a cashier/stocker for c-store at school

Awards:
Dean's list Fall 2010, Spring 2011
Golden Eagle Scholarship for tuition
Jack and Anna Lewellen Scholarship
Vice-pres elect, Vice-pres, Pres of pre-vet club
AP Honors Scholar
Captain of girls' swim/head manager of boys' swim

Extracurricular activities:
Residence Life
Pre-vet Club
Allies Club
Girls' and Boy's Swim Team
Biology Club

eLORS:
1 veterinarian--have worked with her only this summer, but she has taken me completely under my wing, and I have spent over 400 hours with her
1 zoology/parasitology professor--wrote me an awesome letter for me last year
1 supervisor from when I was an RA--we worked together to make the "worst" dorm (b/c of the age of the building, not quality of student) into the dorm w/ the best students and most retainment

22, Female, CO resident, Chadron State College undergrad
Majors – General Biology with an emphasis in pre-vet med
Minors – None
Graduating Spring 2014

Applying 2015:
Colorado State (IS), Kansas State
Last year, I applied to Colorado, Kansas, Washington, Missouri, and Penn with better academics, but much lower vet hours and a middle of the road vet recommendation. Waitlisted at Kansas

Academics:
Cum GPA:
Last 45: 3.075
Overall Science: I haven't calculated it b/c Colorado and Kansas don't really look at it.
GRE:V-155 Q-145 A-5.0
Experience:
Veterinary: 600

475 vet assistant/receptionist at small animal hospital that takes emergencies
90 intern at small animal hospital that specialized in dental
135 shadowing at a small animal hospital

Animal: >5,500
4,500 working in my family's pet store
1,000 showing horses
Pet ownership: I would have a few thousand here easy, but I don't really know if I should include it. These hours would be in training, classes, etc. b/c we've owned several dozen dogs alone during my life

Research:None
Employment:
1160 as an RA then Senior RA at school
1024 as a cashier/stocker for c-store at school

Awards:
Dean's list Fall 2010, Spring 2011
Golden Eagle Scholarship for tuition
Jack and Anna Lewellen Scholarship
Vice-pres elect, Vice-pres, Pres of pre-vet club
AP Honors Scholar
Captain of girls' swim/head manager of boys' swim

Extracurricular activities:
Residence Life
Pre-vet Club
Allies Club
Girls' and Boy's Swim Team
Biology Club

eLORS:
1 veterinarian--have worked with her only this summer, but she has taken me completely under my wing, and I have spent over 400 hours with her
1 zoology/parasitology professor--wrote me an awesome letter for me last year
1 supervisor from when I was an RA--we worked together to make the "worst" dorm (b/c of the age of the building, not quality of student) into the dorm w/ the best students and most retainment
I can't really comment on your chances of getting in because I don;t know much about Colorado or Kansas but if I was you, I would try to get a little last minute experience with other veterinarians on your applications. I saw that you show/showed horses so maybe you could call your regular vet and see if you could spend a few weeks shadowing him to diversify your experiences?

Yea.. what I've been told is they plug your stats into a computer system.. top whatever percent get offered interviews. I don't remember my exact stats.. but I think my stats were similar to yours and I was offered an interview..... pretty much bombed the MMI though so ended up getting waitlisted. You got into school the first time, and you appear to have only improved your application so that's great. Good luck!

At the time I did enjoy the history of dinos.. but I was also a psych major and not so concerned about my grades.. so I wasn't too happy with that being included on my Davis science gpa.. I actually took that at UCSC (noticed your location is santa cruz :D) And so far I'm liking Cornell.. we haven't started classes yet, but I am enjoying exploring Ithaca and the vibe of the area/school).

Thanks for the help! :)
And cool you were at UCSC! Seems our paths have crossed, just different timing.
Good luck and enjoy Cornell! (Go sledding and throw snowballs in the winter, obviously)

Hello, Pre-Vets. I'm a year out at least, but was advised to post here. :)

20, female, NC resident;

B.S Mathematics, Campbell University, (projected conferment date is May '16)
GPA: 3.295 cumulative, 3.28 science
GRE: (Practice score) 158 V/161 Q/No Writing
I'm a rising junior, so my last 45 and last 60 credit hour GPAs look the same as my cumulative right now. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pre-requisites:
Basic Bio: AP Credit
Gen Chem 1 and 2: AP Credit
US History 1 and 2: AP Credit (Will be taking a two course required History series, will replace Humanities slot)
English 1: C (Or B if they take British Literature instead)
English 2: C (Or an A if they'll take the honors course that satisfies an English requirement here)
Statistics: A
Calculus: B (or A, if they'll take Calc II and III over my Calc I score)
Orgo I: C

I have not taken; Orgo II, either Physics course, Micro, Genetics, Biochem, or any Animal Science class (my uni doesn't offer them. :( )

Up-coming: Two math courses, Calculus-based Physics and lab, a required history class (should I take it next year and slap a science in here?), a sculpture class (for sanity), and a research credit in math.

Veterinary Experience: 0 hours currently. I'm trying to set up a time where I can shadow some vets and perhaps work in or volunteer in the county ASPCA.

Animal Experience: I have animal ownership, albeit that's pretty weak for AE hours. I've just sent in a volunteer form to work with a small local zoo. (If I get to volunteer I will be squealing like a pig in front of a trough of food, just letting you know.)

EC's: Founding member of the school's NAQT team(first year we competed was last year, I've been on it for two though), research on the history of statistics, presented at my university's symposium on the subject. (An offer was extended to me to write an article on the subject, hence the research credit.)

I have worked two part-time jobs; I was a math tutor for a private company for around 4 months (~150 hours) and I worked as a cake decorator for a month and a half at a grocery store (~50 hours). The latter has offered to be a decent reference for me to get my foot in the door for another position.

Current List: NCSU (IS), UF (Parents will be in the state).

So, what do you suggest? Any schools I should add? Thanks for your time!

You definitely need to find/transfer to a uni that offers those hard science courses. Your GRE looks good to me, and you need to work on getting your GPA up, especially in your last two years. Schools like to see an upwards trend in grades.
That's good you're planning on getting that much-needed vet experience! As well as varied animal experience in the zoo.

Just a caution, the majority of schools require that one of your recommendations comes from a vet. So plan for that.

BS Biology (Ecology focus), with Quantitative Science minor

Overall GPA: 3.55

Last 45: 3.78

Science: 3.35 (I'm retaking the last quarter of ochem, which I totally bombed, so that'll go up)

I need to take Biochem, retake the last quarter ochem, and maybe take an additional anatomy class.

Animal care:
~400 hours volunteering at ferret shelter
Applying for a 3 month full time internship at a sanctuary to get LA, would be ~650 hours. If I don't get the internship, I'm going to volunteer on the weekends. if I volunteer for the next year it would be 200+ hours

Vet:
Just got a job at a cat vet, currently just a kennel assistant, but I'm graduating in December and the vet offered more hours and training to help with assisting on exams and other procedures. Pretty much plan to keep this as long as possible.

Research:
500+ hours, but not animal based. It is in a microbiology lab.

Obviously, I still need to take the GRE, which my plan is to study for and take once I graduate and can devote more time to studying.

My plan is to apply to WSU in 2015 or 2016. I'm instate, and to be Tier I, you need a 3.5+ cumulative gpa.

So, assuming I get in the LA hours, do well on the last three classes, and don't totally screw up the GRE, how does everything look?

You definitely need to find/transfer to a uni that offers those hard science courses. Your GRE looks good to me, and you need to work on getting your GPA up, especially in your last two years. Schools like to see an upwards trend in grades.
That's good you're planning on getting that much-needed vet experience! As well as varied animal experience in the zoo.

Just a caution, the majority of schools require that one of your recommendations comes from a vet. So plan for that.

Oh, that's a misunderstanding!

My university offers all of those classes except the animal science courses. I should have clarified.

Thanks!

BS Biology (Ecology focus), with Quantitative Science minor

Overall GPA: 3.55

Last 45: 3.78

Science: 3.35 (I'm retaking the last quarter of ochem, which I totally bombed, so that'll go up)

I need to take Biochem, retake the last quarter ochem, and maybe take an additional anatomy class.

Animal care:
~400 hours volunteering at ferret shelter
Applying for a 3 month full time internship at a sanctuary to get LA, would be ~650 hours. If I don't get the internship, I'm going to volunteer on the weekends. if I volunteer for the next year it would be 200+ hours

Vet:
Just got a job at a cat vet, currently just a kennel assistant, but I'm graduating in December and the vet offered more hours and training to help with assisting on exams and other procedures. Pretty much plan to keep this as long as possible.

Research:
500+ hours, but not animal based. It is in a microbiology lab.

Obviously, I still need to take the GRE, which my plan is to study for and take once I graduate and can devote more time to studying.

My plan is to apply to WSU in 2015 or 2016. I'm instate, and to be Tier I, you need a 3.5+ cumulative gpa.

So, assuming I get in the LA hours, do well on the last three classes, and don't totally screw up the GRE, how does everything look?

I'm not sure about the specifics of WSU (someone else surely is around here), but I'm hung up on the vet hours.

Essentially, it sounds like you have no vet hours currently but just started a job at a cat clinic. The job is definitely good and will give you hours and, if you play it right and work hard, a great recommendation.

But a lot of places want to see more varied veterinary experience than just one species in one clinic. I would try to at least shadow a farm vet for a few weeks over summer ... or an equine doc for a few weeks ... or some swine vet .... or anything. And it might not be a bad idea to add some more varied small animal experience than just feline, too. Hang with a veterinary traveling surgeon for a few days, or a mobile ultrasonographer, or ... etc. Experience doesn't have to be hundreds of hours in one place - you can get quite a variety in smaller 30-40 hr chunks that's useful.

Hi Everyone. Im new to the forum and would appreciate input on my chances. I started college as a finance major, studied that for two years and did two real estate/finance summer internships. Wasn't sure if I really wanted to continue studying finance so I went abroad to Germany for a semester. During this time I decided I really wanted to pursue my passion and study veterinary medicine. I changed my major and have been playing catch-up for the past year getting all my science pre-reqs complete and veterinary/research experience. Im applying to Tufts, NCSU, Texas A&M and OSU...

1st time applicant, 22 yrs old
BS in Animal Science, minor in Business, University of Connecticut, CT resident
- 3.74 cum
- 3.96 science
- 3.96 last 45
GRE: 157 V, 157 Q, 4.0 A

Vet experience
- 600 hours as a small animal technician in a 3 doctor hospital
- 120 hours interning with a mix-practice veterinarian (goats, sheep, donkeys, cows, horses etc.)

Research
- 160 hours working as a research assistant on a project looking at the effect of diet on fetal growth in sheep

Animal experience
- 50 hours volunteering at an animal shelter in Germany
- 140 hours volunteering on a wildlife preserve in South Africa
- 7000+ hours training horses at a large hunter/jumper show barn
- 400 hours woking at a dog kennel
- 100 hours rabbit 4-H
- 200 hours pet sitting all sorts of animals

Work Experience
Summer marketing internship at a commercial real estate company
Summer internship at a large insurance company in their fixed income and alternative investments division
Currently Im a waitress at a busy restaurant as well

Awards
4 academic scholarships
Deans list every semester starting my sophomore year

Extracurriculars
Therapy dog work
Marathon training
Therapeutic horse back riding volunteer

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
This is my first post on this forum but I am a senior in college and kind of in freak out mode...

I need some honest opinions as I'm finishing up my VMCAS and I just need to know if it is worth it to apply to a bunch of vet schools in the continental US with how expensive apps are. I am super interested in Ross and that has been pretty much top of my list for the past four years followed closely by St. George. I know alumni of both schools and I really would be ecstatic to be accepted into either! My family wants me to still apply to some schools in the continental US though.

First off, I graduated high school when I was 16 and started taking college classes at PSU when I was 14 after school so I could graduate early. I got straight A's in my classes there and graduated in the top 10 of my high school class. I got a nearly full ride to a private school but that is when things went down hill quickly.

I struggled with some health issues and a lot of family issues and I became overwhelmed with depression and anxiety. I was doing poorly in my science classes. After my third semester at the college with an overall GPA of about a 3.2, I moved out of state to live with my dad and I planned on staying there. I grew up in rural PA and moved into the city of Memphis and everything about it was just a bad fit for me. I had never been to the south, I had never lived in such a scary city, and I was only in one cell bio class where I got a C+ ( I got 4.0's in the rest of my classes though). I went back up to PA to visit my family and expected to go back to Memphis but quickly missed home and enrolled at the PSU campus where I took classes in high school. I ended up with the most AMAZING science professors and I started off my junior year well. I had straight 4.0's with the exception of a B in Organic I and B+ in Organic II (which were actually my favorite classes and I took them as an accelerated class; both in one semester). I had gone from having no hope as a science major to doing awesome in all of my classes. I scored a six month internship with the surgery center at the county animal shelter and they ended up hiring me as a full time employee in the shelter. I also have experience as a state certified EMT for three years, a firefighter for six years, and I worked at Petsmart for a year (boarding dogs and as a bather in grooming) and Petco for a few months while doing my internship. My GPA at the first college was a 3.1 or 3.2 cumulative, at Memphis a 3.5 I believe and at PSU a 3.8 with a PSU science GPA at around 3.4 or 3.5 if I am correct. The only problem I have had at PSU was having to drop Calc II the first time I tried because of doing poorly on an exam and then I retook it, had an A and then my grandfather passed away and the professor refused to make arrangements for the exam and surprised me when I came back the day after the funeral and made me take the exam that day. So I am retaking it again.

I know that academically, I am not the strongest applicant. I have two solid letters of recommendation from the veterinarian who supervised my internship and from my Organic Chem professor and academic adviser. I plan on asking my boss at work at the shelter to write me a letter when I go in for my performance evaluation this week. My dad thinks that my medical, veterinary, and animal experience will outweigh the poor grades at my first college but I am still really concerned. I really do love my school now... I found a great fit with FANTASTIC professors and I feel like I've learned so much. My GRE scores were all slightly above average but nothing super impressive (also nothing to be too disappointed in either). I need an honest opinion... what are my chances at getting into a vet school and more importantly, what are my chances of getting into Ross or St. George!?

Thank you so much for reading my rant and giving your feedback, be as brutally honest as you need to be... I need pure honesty at this point!

At the very, very top of the pre-vet forum where you posted this brand new thread is one called 'What are my chances'.

You should find it and post there. :)

Hello everyone, first time poster and I will be a first time applicant this cycle and was looking for any input regarding what sort of sucess I may be looking at.
I am a non traditional student, earned my B.S in late 2010 and gravitated towards fisheries and wildlife/ conservation biology. I currently hold a full time job working with marine species.
Lower than average GPA ~3.4 but heavy course load semesters during my undergrad and recent post bac classes reflect a 4.0
317 combined GRE ( 156Q/ 161V 4.0 AW)
~ 1100 hours veterinary experince in a clinic/ shelter/ equine setting
~10,500 hours animal experience ( this does not include anything like pet ownership)
Total reflects multiple internship, volunteer and job positions
Aftr submitting my application ( hopefully by this week) I will be continuing to accumulate 60-70 hours of vet/ animal experience weekly.
Does anyone have any input for how "unique" experience will influence my application? I feel like my PS at this point does a decent job at summing it up.

Hello guys I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this or not. but I was wondering if my science courses are 3 hour credit with 3 hour lab, will it still fulfill the prerequsites to schools because some school say I need 4 credit hour, but my school just offers 3 hour credit science courses. Does any of you guys have the same problem?

Hello guys I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this or not. but I was wondering if my science courses are 3 hour credit with 3 hour lab, will it still fulfill the prerequsites to schools because some school say I need 4 credit hour, but my school just offers 3 hour credit science courses. Does any of you guys have the same problem?

Is the lab counted in those credits or does it have it's own credit amount? If it's separate, it might count, but you'd have to contact the school to be sure. If it's included, the course likely won't count. I would have had to take Micro again because I took it abroad and it transferred over as a 2.5 credit course (included lab) and most schools wanted at least 3 credits. I ended up not retaking it and just didn't apply to schools that had it as a requirement.

When in doubt, contact the school.

I agree with orca, contact the schools you're interested in. Some schools will have a problem with it, some won't care. They may ask to see the syllabus for your class to gauge how rigorous it was.

Is the lab counted in those credits or does it have it's own credit amount? If it's separate, it might count, but you'd have to contact the school to be sure. If it's included, the course likely won't count. I would have had to take Micro again because I took it abroad and it transferred over as a 2.5 credit course (included lab) and most schools wanted at least 3 credits. I ended up not retaking it and just didn't apply to schools that had it as a requirement.

When in doubt, contact the school.
Thank you so much I will definitely contact those schools :)

I agree with orca, contact the schools you're interested in. Some schools will have a problem with it, some won't care. They may ask to see the syllabus for your class to gauge how rigorous it was.
Thank you! I really hope they will count as my prerequsites :(

This is probably the wrong thread to post this in but I'm not aware of any pre-existing threads for this kind of a thing ...would any of you be interested in looking at my resume and evaluating my chances of getting a kennel attendant job :)?

This is probably the wrong thread to post this in but I'm not aware of any pre-existing threads for this kind of a thing ...would any of you be interested in looking at my resume and evaluating my chances of getting a kennel attendant job :)?
Most vet clinics I know don't require any pre-existing experience to become a kennel attendant. In fact, I had zero job experience with animals before I started my first vet assistant position so you should be golden as long as clinics are hiring :)

Last edited:
Alrighty...here goes...

2nd time applicant, 24 years old (applied last year to only my in-state, got rejected but was told I was 12 spots from acceptance...have since doubled my vet experience hours). Applying to UTK, UGA, and MSS.

BS in General Science, BA in Exercise Science (yep, two bachelor's), Tennessee resident
- 3.31 cum
- 3.42 science
- 3.54 last 45
GRE: 159 V, 153 Q, 4.5 A (took it twice, studied my butt off, same exact scores)

Vet experience
- 625 hours with a small animal vet
- 250 hours with an equine vet

Research
- 550 hours experimenting on/with invasive species

Animal experience
- British Horse Society Certified (I&II)
- 10,000+ hours as a pet owner; dog, cat, horses
- 200 hours pet sitting
- 250 hours 4-H (equine and livestock)

Work Experience
- 10,000+ working on a horse farm

Awards
- Two academic scholarships
- Dean's list 6 semesters
- Selected to present research at Scholar's Week

Extracurriculars
- Volunteer at Food Project
- Volunteer at senior citizen organization
- Club President
- Equestrian Sports

Any opinions? Thanks!

Alrighty...here goes...

2nd time applicant, 24 years old (applied last year to only my in-state, got rejected but was told I was 12 spots from acceptance...have since doubled my vet experience hours). Applying to UTK, UGA, and MSS.

BS in General Science, BA in Exercise Science (yep, two bachelor's), Tennessee resident
- 3.31 cum
- 3.42 science
- 3.54 last 45
GRE: 159 V, 153 Q, 4.5 A (took it twice, studied my butt off, same exact scores)

Vet experience
- 625 hours with a small animal vet
- 250 hours with an equine vet

Research
- 550 hours experimenting on/with invasive species

Animal experience
- British Horse Society Certified (I&II)
- 10,000+ hours as a pet owner; dog, cat, horses
- 200 hours pet sitting
- 250 hours 4-H (equine and livestock)

Work Experience
- 10,000+ working on a horse farm

Awards
- Two academic scholarships
- Dean's list 6 semesters
- Selected to present research at Scholar's Week

Extracurriculars
- Volunteer at Food Project
- Volunteer at senior citizen organization
- Club President
- Equestrian Sports

Any opinions? Thanks!
So UGA is a bit hard since they accept so few OOS, unless you got some different feedback from 1st try, for you since most of your stats are middle o' the road. Looks like you've got a bit of upward trend in GPA, which is good. Vet hours are still needing a bit of variety, but UTK was giving you a look, at least from your #12 possible list, so I take it your interest is small/equine. Time to see if you can't expound upon that vet experience, and really focus on extracurricular activities that would make you stand out. Make sure your eLOR's are pretty spectacular as well is my suggestion. Choose people who can write well and really reveal why you would cut the mustard as a veterinary candidate. Best of LUCK!! :luck:

What are my chances?

22 yo, international

GPA: 3.4
Vet Hours: will be around 1500 hrs by the time school starts one in japan, one in Hawaii, I currently volunteer at animal eye hospital in Oregon
Animal Hours: none ;(
Research Hours: about 500 hours at pharmacy research lab at university
Graduated from Oregon State University
GRE 144 v 155 q 4.0 w
Applied to: OSU, Western U of Health sciences, UofIllinois, Uof Georgia, KSU, NCS

Not shooting for too hard of schools just want to get into one.

What do you guys think? I am so worried if I don't get into any :(

So UGA is a bit hard since they accept so few OOS, unless you got some different feedback from 1st try, for you since most of your stats are middle o' the road. Looks like you've got a bit of upward trend in GPA, which is good. Vet hours are still needing a bit of variety, but UTK was giving you a look, at least from your #12 possible list, so I take it your interest is small/equine. Time to see if you can't expound upon that vet experience, and really focus on extracurricular activities that would make you stand out. Make sure your eLOR's are pretty spectacular as well is my suggestion. Choose people who can write well and really reveal why you would cut the mustard as a veterinary candidate. Best of LUCK!! :luck:
Thanks for the feedback!!! I'm actually very much equine-focused, and that was the feedback I got from UTK last year...too much equine, not enough small animal. I added all 600+ small animal hours this summer, and doubled my research. Hoping that helps?!?

Thanks for the feedback!!! I'm actually very much equine-focused, and that was the feedback I got from UTK last year...too much equine, not enough small animal. I added all 600+ small animal hours this summer, and doubled my research. Hoping that helps?!?
Definitely looks better. As long as you keep expanding your vet/world experience, you move ever closer to success. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.