What are some of the strongest Child programs in Mid West?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bestcoast

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering.
Got into a heated argument with a behavioral neuro fellow over beer the other day about child programs in Mid West (for fun) and I just want to hear the opinions from you guys.

I don't know. I did a search here and it seems that some of you might have mentioned
U of Mich, Cincinnati, Case Western (Rainbow), Northwestern, Mayo(?), etc

Members don't see this ad.

If you call Cincinnati the midwest, then you can also drift down to Louisville, which is a better program than most would expect.

At the other end of the geography, Wayne State may be worth checking out too. They have some good people, and it's probably the most urban midwestern environment you would find.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you call Cincinnati the midwest, then you can also drift down to Louisville, which is a better program than most would expect.

At the other end of the geography, Wayne State may be worth checking out too. They have some good people, and it's probably the most urban midwestern environment you would find.

Agree about Wayne and I have just as much love for Detriot as anyone; but I think you're forgetting about Chicago being "the most urban midwestern environment." ;) I know someone at UofChicago and have heard good things about their child program.

I'd like to throw in a nomination for Indiana University. Riley Children's Hospital is freaking awesome, and the child PD there is a really nice, down-to-earth guy. All the fellows seemed very happy there.

Agree about Wayne and I have just as much love for Detriot as anyone; but I think you're forgetting about Chicago being "the most urban midwestern environment." ;) I know someone at UofChicago and have heard good things about their child program.

Large chunks of Detroit look like the bomb has already hit. Detroit cranks out so much urban angst that even their white guys can rap. If you were going to film a post-apocalyptic movie, you would do it in Detroit.

If we're talking about Northwestern, I'm not going for the best shopping experience in the Midwest!

Large chunks of Detroit look like the bomb has already hit. Detroit cranks out so much urban angst that even their white guys can rap. If you were going to film a post-apocalyptic movie, you would do it in Detroit.

If we're talking about Northwestern, I'm not going for the best shopping experience in the Midwest!

I actually mentioned about NW but the fellow said that the majority of the patient pop will be overprivileged kids who didn't get their BMWs for bdays (that's his word)

I think Detroit is on par with Cleveland (I drove by the underserved neighborhood once when I went there for interviews)

PS: Thanks for the input guys. I was just wondering what my future would look like if I were to stay in Mid-West.