What are we supposed to call ourselves here?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

So what are we supposed to call ourselves here on SDN?

• 1) SDNers

Votes: 106 91.4%
  • 2) SDNians

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • 3)SDNites

Votes: 8 6.9%

• Total voters

GoPenguinsGo

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is what I need to know for my Monday night.

Members don't see this ad.

"SDNer" has a much better ring than "Redditor"

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
None of the above. This website doesn't define my personality.

• Haha
  • Okay...
Reactions: 5 users
Well of course. SDN is so much better than Reddit.
May be we should ask what Redditians think about it :) I found it interesting that Reddit has threads discussing SDN posts and they keep mentioning my id in various discussions.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
May be we should ask what Redditians think about it :) I found it interesting that Reddit has threads discussing SDN posts and they keep mentioning my id in various discussions.
"recurrent EdgeTrimmer vs KnightDoc discussion" had a good laugh :rofl:. The wife thinks I've finally gone crazy.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
"recurrent EdgeTrimmer vs KnightDoc discussion" had a good laugh :rofl:. The wife thinks I've finally gone crazy.
In recent thread some one wondered if I have a beef with an adcom. I have no beef with anyone, but when I disagree I say it (respectfully) . I appreciate all adcoms volunteering their time here.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, I'm an SDNer

Sardonic
Delusional
Naive

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
SDNier, or the SDNied

• Haha
They both have their purposes. On SDN you'll find brutally honest feedback (which is scarce and absolutely necessary in today's world), and actual discussions on controversial topics. On reddit, you'll find people who can empathize with you and can answer more nuanced questions about the application cycle through a more relaxed peer-to-peer presentation.

On the other hand, SDN has plenty of high-achievers (like @EdgeTrimmer 's son :cool:), and the school threads, at some point, just become a pointless anxiety fest -- literally, some people are anxious just to be anxious in some of them so I stopped going on them much after completion. Reddit's flaws are due to the voting system such that dissenting opinions are downvoted into oblivion which quickly results in a hive mind mentality.

If I had to pick one of them for a newer premed, I'd probably pick SDN for the invaluable adcom perspectives -- although either one should be sufficient to get your application in shape.

The hive mind mentality hurts Reddit IMO. Anything that goes against the hive is just downvoted to oblivion.

Reactions: 3 users
The hive mind mentality hurts Reddit IMO. Anything that goes against the hive is just downvoted to oblivion.
Not to mention all the other creepy stalking/doxxing/banning that goes with an unpopular opinion.

They both have their purposes. On SDN you'll find brutally honest feedback (which is scarce and absolutely necessary in today's world), and actual discussions on controversial topics. On reddit, you'll find people who can empathize with you and can answer more nuanced questions about the application cycle through a more relaxed peer-to-peer presentation.

On the other hand, SDN has plenty of high-achievers (like @EdgeTrimmer 's son :cool:), and the school threads, at some point, just become a pointless anxiety fest -- literally, some people are anxious just to be anxious in some of them so I stopped going on them much after completion. Reddit's flaws are due to the voting system such that dissenting opinions are downvoted into oblivion which quickly results in a hive mind mentality.

If I had to pick one of them for a newer premed, I'd probably pick SDN for the invaluable adcom perspectives -- although either one should be sufficient to get your application in shape.
I never visit Reddit unless my kid or someone else tells me that my arguments with a premed or an adcom were being debated :) my kid never participated in that thread but checks periodically. Looks like you have same ID there 😀 I come here to learn the process from adcoms and attendings and share my n > 1 anecdotes.

• Haha

Wish I would have started with SDN sooner. I could have used some advice on school lists

Or donors
Personally.PNG

• Haha
I never visit Reddit unless my kid or someone else tells me that my arguments with a premed or an adcom were being debated :) my kid never participated in that thread but checks periodically. Looks like you have same ID there 😀 I come here to learn the process from adcoms and attendings and share my n > 1 anecdotes.
Ooooh... SDN gossip. I can't believe I missed it for so long. :rofl:

• Haha
What happened to KnightDoc? They’ve been MIA recently. It is downright fascinating to watch someone who hasn’t applied yet offer advice to people who are. SDN highlight

What happened to KnightDoc? They’ve been MIA recently. It is downright fascinating to watch someone who hasn’t applied yet offer advice to people who are. SDN highlight
I saw an account on hold banner a few days ago.

I'm still trying to find the full story of what happened to meme lord and his alter egos. :rofl:

I'm still trying to find the full story of what happened to meme lord and his alter egos. :rofl:

Altercation with mods finally got him banned. Too bad, as he was very entertaining.

Altercation with mods finally got him banned. Too bad, as he was very entertaining.
Everyone adheres to the same rules, and after consistent warnings due to violating our TOS KnightDoc was placed on a post-hold. This happens with some users from time to time but KnightDoc will return to the forums shortly.

Last edited: