What are you looking forward to the most about your new school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blake1e

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Now that many of us know where we're going (and that I finally got accepted :highfive:), I thought Id make a fun little thread to share the excitement and hopefully even provide future applicants and acceptees some insight into which d school to apply to or put a deposit down on.

So what are you most excited about, or looking forward to the most in the new school youll be attending?

I'll go first: Im going to Roseman University and one thing Im looking forward to the most is the block system. You focus solely on one didactic course at a time for 1-3 weeks so you dont have to juggle multiple challenging courses and you take only one exam at the end of each course with a pass/fail mark of 90%. Still a lot of hard work but it wont take over your life, and that means a greater possibility of having a social life! Something I severely lacked the last 3 or so yrs (out of 7) in undergrad where I had some serious GPA damage control to do thanks to a thriving social life that wrecked it early on.

Members don't see this ad.

Looking forward to a new city and new classmates. Considering I'm going to be studying for another four years, it's nice that I get the chance to shake it up a little.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm excited about going to a real school. My current school is real, but its small and not well known. I'm looking forward to moving to a bigger city and getting to enjoy that college town vibe - when I'm not busy studying.

Members don't see this ad :)
Correction, I'm not looking forward to some of my new classmates. Not really feeling some others... :p *Cough* @Daneosaurus *Cough*

Last edited:
I'm excited to live in a city. My current university is in a town, so moving into a city will be a great change. I have a couple of Friends in Canada who I will get to meet now that I'm right next to the Canadian Border lol

Alot of people I have spoken to have said UDM will provide you with a great clinical experience so I can't wait to get to school and start working in the lab :)
Apart from that, I'm finally happy to know where my life is going. So congrats to all of us for making it!We're going to be Doctors!!:highfive:

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
This is actually a great idea!

Im excited about the 7:1 female:male ratio in the college about 5 blocks from my school. I should know, I went there for undergrad. Cannot wait til I can start using "I'm going to be a doctor" as a pick up line.

Oh yeah, and the school's kinda nice. I guess.

Reactions: 6 users
This is actually a great idea!

Im excited about the 7:1 female:male ratio in the college about 5 blocks from my school. I should know, I went there for undergrad. Cannot wait til I can start using "I'm going to be a doctor" as a pick up line.

Oh yeah, and the school's kinda nice. I guess.
Well done, Sir.

im most excited to start school with my wife. At Nova we will be taking classes in the same building/studying in the same library for her first year of PA school.

also, there are canals on campus that apparently have huge largemouth bass (according to the D2 that gave us the tour) that students can fish whenever. Lastly, the camaraderie i felt there was greater than the other 4 schools i interviewed at. Im stoked to meet my classmates and form some epic study groups/lifelong friendships.

@Blake1e I live about 30 min from Roseman. if you love the outdoors you will love Utah! I will miss this place a ton. its clean, safe and there is a ton of stuff to do very close by

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I'm excited for beautiful warm weather! And also meeting all my future classmates :)

Reactions: 1 user
I'm excited for the chowda and lobster rolls lol

im most excited to start school with my wife. At Nova we will be taking classes in the same building/studying in the same library for her first year of PA school.

also, there are canals on campus that apparently have huge largemouth bass (according to the D2 that gave us the tour) that students can fish whenever. Lastly, the camaraderie i felt there was greater than the other 4 schools i interviewed at. Im stoked to meet my classmates and form some epic study groups/lifelong friendships.

@Blake1e I live about 30 min from Roseman. if you love the outdoors you will love Utah! I will miss this place a ton. its clean, safe and there is a ton of stuff to do very close by
I love the outdoors. I'm hoping I have time to learn how to ski/snowboard once school starts.

I'm excited about getting the chance to try and get to know some of the hygiene students...

Reactions: 4 users
I'm excited to finally get out of my home state and move to a big city.

I'm also excited to meet so many new people. I went to the largest high school in the country and an enormous college and I've loved both experiences, so I'm excited to continue that trend (300+ classmates) and continue meeting more incredible people.

Members don't see this ad :)
Looking forward to hearing anything at this point with the last of these schools I applied to. I'm tired of being in the dark with five schools at this point.

Seriously though at least I got one interview at LECOM, going to school in Bradenton where it's like 60-70 degrees year round would be awesome.

Is it weird that I'm excited to go to dental school mostly because I want to learn about teeth? haha, but seriously. I just think it will be really fun to fix broken teeth once I get to the clinic.

Is it weird that I'm excited to go to dental school mostly because I want to learn about teeth? haha, but seriously. I just think it will be really fun to fix broken teeth once I get to the clinic.

Oh. My. God.

What is wrong with you? TEETH?!

Get outta here.

Reactions: 6 users
Oh. My. God.

What is wrong with you? TEETH?!

Get outta here.
I just don't know why no one else has confessed their love for oral health yet, come on guys!

The thing I'm most excited for is for the first time ever I will be living on my own. I am 40 but had my daughter/got married at 17. Divorced at 20, remarried at 23. Never have lived without my parents, a husband, or children, That is why I am debating whether or not will have a roomate at least for the first year...lol

(I will be moving to Columbus and my family will stay in Dayton. My youngest is still in high school and we don't want to uproot her. Also my husbands job is in Dayton also. The commute is too long (1.25 hours) so only I am moving)

Reactions: 3 users
Looking forward to a new city and new classmates. Considering I'm going to be studying for another four years, it's nice that I get the chance to shake it up a little.

I have to ask - I have no idea if someone else has or not, but did your girlfriend get into dental school too?! If so, are you both going to Pitt????

Now this will be extremely awkward if you two broke up... but I was excited about these genius dental babies.

I have to ask - I have no idea if someone else has or not, but did your girlfriend get into dental school too?! If so, are you both going to Pitt????

Now this will be extremely awkward if you two broke up... but I was excited about these genius dental babies.
Yes they both got in #jealous #stillwaitingformygftohearback

Reactions: 2 users
I'm excited about moving further away from my parents (5 hours compared to current 3 hours drive). That way, if they ever decided to come and lecture me on my mischiefs, they'd be too tired to start it XD. But other than that, I'm excited about not having to take miscellaneous classes like under-water basket weaving...

Reactions: 4 users
I'm excited about making new friendships and the camaraderie in dental school. :) :)