Which Florida & California schools are the most out of state friendly?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fantasticflossophy

Reaction score
Which Florida & California schools are the most out of state friendly?

Members don't see this ad.

For CA, they all are to a degree. The state schools want the out of state tuition and will dedicate a percentage of the seats to out of state residents.

For FL, Nova accepts out of state residents. I can’t speak for the other schools though.

Members don't see this ad :)
For CA, they all are to a degree. The state schools want the out of state tuition and will dedicate a percentage of the seats to out of state residents.
not true
ucla and ucsf give most IS tuition after the first year...

they still get you on the first year. Multiply that by the number of students in each class and it’s quite a big chunk of money.
if you want to believe that the school would purposefully accept OOS students over IS students for 1 year of tuition, be my guest...

if you want to believe that the school would purposefully accept OOS students over IS students for 1 year of tuition, be my guest...
Do you think they don’t know where each applicant is from?

The UC system has already acknowledged they have benchmarks for how many out of state residents they aim to have in each class. It’s only recently begun to face pressures to revere the trend in favor of more residents at the undergraduate level.

Audits have been done in the past that found they have lower admissions standards for out of state residents and the rational is that the out of state resident tuition helps subsidize the in state resident tuition.

This is pretty well documented at this point, it’s not a conspiracy theory. The universities are businesses after all is said and done. That includes the dental school.

For the op - like I said, every program in CA accepts out of state residents. The % of the class that’s out of state varies per institution but if you have the stats to get into the program, you have a shot.

Do you think they don’t know where each applicant is from?

The UC system has already acknowledged they have benchmarks for how many out of state residents they aim to have in each class. It’s only recently begun to face pressures to revere the trend in favor of more residents at the undergraduate level.

Audits have been done in the past that found they have lower admissions standards for out of state residents and the rational is that the out of state resident tuition helps subsidize the in state resident tuition.

This is pretty well documented at this point, it’s not a conspiracy theory. The universities are businesses after all is said and done. That includes the dental school.

For the op - like I said, every program in CA accepts out of state residents. The % of the class that’s out of state varies per institution but if you have the stats to get into the program, you have a shot.
have you ever seen the annual budget of a dental school?
multiply the 5 year average of oos matriculants by one year of the delta between IS and OOS students, and compare that to the expenditures for one year and tell me if that still seems like "quite a big chunk of money"...

have you ever seen the annual budget of a dental school?
multiply the 5 year average of oos matriculants by one year of the delta between IS and OOS students, and compare that to the expenditures for one year and tell me if that still seems like "quite a big chunk of money"...

So they don’t accept any out of state residents at UCLA or UCSF?

So they don’t accept any out of state residents at UCLA or UCSF?
please show me where i said they don't accept out of state residents at UCLA or UCSF...

Reactions: 1 user
FL: Lecom and NSE are fairly OOS "friendly" (friendly is def subjective, more so in a private school stance)
CA: I heard it's almost as hard as TX schools, with UCSF and UCLA definitely some of the hardest to get out of OOS, but they definitely do dedicate some seats to OOS. USC, Western, and UOP are more lenient on OOS students since they are private

Reactions: 1 users