What are your tests like in dental school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

babytomato

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm curious as to how the tests are like in dental school. Are they on paper/electronic/multiple choice/free response...? Are there more hw assignments than tests?

Members don't see this ad.

97% Multiple choice, electronic (ExamSoft), barely any HW.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
wow even gross anatomy/histo?
I'm giving a rough estimate. Obviously gross anatomy and histology have a higher % of free response questions as one needs to identify structures during practicals.

Reactions: 1 user
Majority are on computer software (examsoft), with 40-100 questions (multiple choice or matching). Very few exams are written exams (half of your anatomy tests are practicals on cadavers however). Your grade basically consists of your test scores. Very few classes have homework, and if they do, they constitute a small percentage of your grade (around 5 percent). Final grades are given out as follows: 4.0, 3.0, 2.0 and 0.

Last edited:
wow even gross anatomy/histo?

gross was fill in the blank at my school i believe. We had a station to station cadaver exam and a class room exam with cases.

MCs on ExamSoft mostly. Fill in the blanks are occasionally sprinkled into the exams (especially hard when it's pathology with just either the case report or a picture). Paper exams are not the norm unless computer malfunctions or the student elects to take paper exam (they don't want to get graded or see their grade right away).