What do you think of these programs as a DO?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chibucks15

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just a lowly second year but liking neuro so I began looking at some residencies. I'm at one of the original DO schools in the midwest. I'm starting boards and all that now and I know if I kill it there will be more doors open to me, but I was just curious about the relative openness of certain neuro programs in the midwest.

I have a couple research things ongoing, a poster, and a publication submitted. Middle of the class somewhere with a 3.5 (obnoxious). Hopefully I can hit 230-240 on boards, I know that overall neuro is decently-DO friendly, but just to kinda get myself in the mindset of what I have available. Thanks in advance!

UW-Madison
University of Iowa
Mayo
Minnesota
MCW-Affiliated

Loyola
UIC
Rush
MSU

Any and all advice is hugely appreciated, I literally just cannot tell what I'm even looking at when it comes to some of these things haha just want the best option I can get realistically, and itll help me save some money next year. Obviously things change depending on my board score, but I feel pretty confident I can at least hit 230. Well see

Members don't see this ad.

bump :/ hate to be that guy just clueless about it all haha

I don't know much about any of those programs.

Mayo Fl is pretty DO friendly, though. Several in faculty and in residency.

Reactions: 1 user