What do you think?

Dentistnproud

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I applied to three dental schools and I was waitlisted at two of them. I am a BS. Biology student with 3.62 GPA. I was interviewed with the very first group at both of the schools. The interview went very well. I learned on Dec 1st that I was waitlisted at both. I do understand what being on the waitlist means but the thing is that I went to my top choice school and I talked to the dean. He said that the committee has no suggestions for me! I wonder if that's a good thing or what?

I am planning on graduating this year and I am still not sure what to do next year if I don't get in off the waitlist. I am thinking about having a job as a dentist assistant.

What do you think the committee has no suggestions mean in my situation?

Can you think of any other thing I can do in the gap year?

Thank you!

Sent from my [device_name] using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Could mean you’re about to get in. Could mean they just don’t see you fitting in well with the school. Nobody really knows. Stats only get you so far then it’s kind of a vibe thing. Everyone should apply to more than 3 schools. No offense but it’s not a smart move at all. Hope you get off the waitlist. Don’t forget about opportunity costs next cycle if you have to reapply.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Could mean you’re about to get in. Could mean they just don’t see you fitting in well with the school. Nobody really knows. Stats only get you so far then it’s kind of a vibe thing. Everyone should apply to more than 3 schools. No offense but it’s not a smart move at all. Hope you get off the waitlist. Don’t forget about opportunity costs next cycle if you have to reapply.
You are totally right, I agree with you. It was such a stupid move applying to only 3 schools. I will do my best this year and stay proactive.

Sent from my [device_name] using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user