What happens if you miss the first batch? Not considered hopeful?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Goodlucktoeveryone

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I need your help! Does anyone know if it's considered to more advantageous if you are the first time applicant? Is it going to affect your application in any bad way if you are applying for the second time?

Since I missed the first batch this year, I am afraid if it's not going to be hopeful for me this year. So I was thinking if I should just wait for the next year's first batch as a first applicant and not apply at all this year..

Thanks for your help in advance !

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys! I need your help! Does anyone know if it's considered to more advantageous if you are the first time applicant? Is it going to affect your application in any bad way if you are applying for the second time?

Since I missed the first batch this year, I am afraid if it's not going to be hopeful for me this year. So I was thinking if I should just wait for the next year's first batch as a first applicant and not apply at all this year..

Don't worry, there are 20+ more batches (I think). I heard that as long as you're in the top 10 or something you'll be ok.

Reactions: 1 user
you weren't first batch?? But everyone is in that one. the other 20 something batches are completely empty actually. Just throw in the towel now.

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You don't need to be in the first batch so don't sweat it. You just don't want to apply late, and by late, that means in the fall, Sept/Oct, etc. If you get your app off in the next few weeks you will still be considered early.

This can't be serious.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/the-first-batch-hullabaloo.1065887/

Nothing happens. Your chances of being accepted are the same. :) don't worry about this batch thing too much. Apply as soon as possible but when your application is ready

Here is a simple formula you can use:
(AA+(GPA*10))-(Batch you are in)^2 = % of acceptance

Reactions: 3 users
It's pretty hard to get in the 1st batch, there are many factors that are beyond your control no matter what you do! I was on it from day one but only made 3rd batch. It really doesn't matter, just try not to be in like, the 12th batch or something if you can. Try to get everything in before the end of July.

It's pretty hard to get in the 1st batch, there are many factors that are beyond your control no matter what you do! I was on it from day one but only made 3rd batch. It really doesn't matter, just try not to be in like, the 12th batch or something if you can. Try to get everything in before the end of July.

My school doesn't release committee LoRs till mid/late August. Would I be in big trouble? Should I bypass the committee?

My school doesn't release committee LoRs till mid/late August. Would I be in big trouble? Should I bypass the committee?

I think so. Ask your LOR writers to use Interfolio. Very quick electronic upload (i guess you know this)

committee letter just compile all letters you have so I think it adds very little weight (I think).

Why push your application all the way to august due to one thing?

That's not ideal. Even after you mail your complete application, it can take a while for a school to go over everything. My first interview invitation was in late July and that was only after the school in question had had my materials for about 1 month. And the interview itself was scheduled a month after the invitation. I would not have been comfortable with that late of a date, however people do regularly submit that late and end up OK in the end, they just might not get pre Dec 1 interviews depending on how late they actually submit. Very late applications, submitted in October or November, have indeed failed mostly because they filed so late. Early September is pushing it, but is perhaps not 'too' late. Consider how strong you believe your committee letter would be (did they get a lot of information from you to write it, for example) before making a decision to go with it or bypass it.

Here is a simple formula you can use:
(AA+(GPA*10))-(Batch you are in)^2 = % of acceptance

SWEET, I got Pineapple, that means I'm in for sure!!

Reactions: 1 users
My inability to understand why everyone gets a really high percentage with this formula is explained by my average performance on the QR portion of the DAT...

Reactions: 1 users
Plenty of people get accepted applying in August. Don't fret it and just work on your application.