What Kind of Pet(s) Do You Have?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What Kind of Pet(s) Do You Have?

• Dog

Votes: 49 41.2%
  • Cat

Votes: 23 19.3%
  • Hamster/Gerbil

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other Mammal

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Bird

• Fish

• Reptile

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Other (Exotic Pet)

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Multiple Pets

Votes: 20 16.8%
  • No Pets

Votes: 17 14.3%

• Total voters
We have 2 big, goofy Airedales, hence the "doubledale" handle!

I grew up with airedales. Love them. Now I had a rat dog :/

Sent from my Android phone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

(You killed his father. Prepare to die.)

Inconceivable!

You keep using that word...I do not think it means what you think it means.....

No more rhymes now, and I mean it!

Anybody want a peanut?

As you wish...

I am waiting for you, Vizzini. You told me to go back to the beginning. So I have. ;)

He's not on the brute squad he IS the brute squad!

It just so happens that your friend here is only mostly dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive.

"Wait. Wait. I make him better, Humperdinck suffers"??
"Humiliations galore"
"That is a noble cause. Give me the sixty-five, I'm on the job"

How about a cat with 6 toes on it's right front paw named Count Rugen?? That would be perfect

This thread has made my day! We have a pretty little gray and white ARF cat. We wish we could have a dog, too, but since our cat is kind of neurotic, I don't think she'd be very happy to have a new pet.

Have fun storming the castle!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have two cats. They do wonders to help relieve my stress, especially since I'm working full-time and trying to do post-bacc work. I imagine during my medical school years they'll be invaluable to me to comfort me during my times of stress. :) I love my kitties!

Grandpa, maybe you could come over and read it again to me tomorrow?

my dog is my child. :love:

just out of curiosity, are any of you raising a dog on your own while attending medical school?

Princesss Kaos Darth Vader Kitty Cat...named by 2 and 4 year old girls who are fascinated with princesses and Star Wars...Kaos is a one year old black cat I adopted this past Halloween.

We (my husband and I) have 3 female Great Danes. One's a show dog, the other two are "just" pets, all 3 are spoiled rotten :p

My Dane puppy! She's already 85 lbs!! (Below picture was about 2 months ago.)

100_1434.jpg

I have a Shetland Sheepdog (the breed looks like miniature collies) named Zeus and a beta fish named Uncinate Nigel Fasciculus.

My dog is one of the biggest assets to my education in that he's an irreplaceable source of stress relief. Apparently shelties are very empathetic and in tune with humans' feelings, and if I'm ever boiling over from stressed or upset to the point of crying, his first instinct is to come curl up on my lap.

The sole function of Uncinate Nigel Fasciculus, on the other hand, is to continually impress me with his ability to live. I'm an awful caretaker (I've killed bamboo and a cactus), and he survives despite me.

Last edited:
I have a staffie/lab mix, named Tipper. He is a total goober and cuddle buddy!

I have two snakes and some stick bugs.

we have a robotic dog...does that count? lol. It is my daughter's toy. She is an animal lover, but we cannot get an animal here since we live overseas. We COULD fly it back to the U.S with us , but that is very stressful for animals being in the cargo area for 12 hours so we are holding off on a real pet for awhile.

One day....we want to get a Husky
4e6f88da414cb74b40f629ca6.jpg
OMG SO FREAKING CUTE!!!!!!! We won't get a husky until we have a lawn for him/her to run around and we are sure our schedules can work with a dog having that much energy since they need to be jogged daily/lots of grooming etc. You can't tell me you would not want t ocuddle that puppy though...look at that super fuzzy face! He is a little poof ball!

we have a robotic dog...does that count? lol. It is my daughter's toy. She is an animal lover, but we cannot get an animal here since we live overseas. We COULD fly it back to the U.S with us , but that is very stressful for animals being in the cargo area for 12 hours so we are holding off on a real pet for awhile.

One day....we want to get a Husky
4e6f88da414cb74b40f629ca6.jpg
OMG SO FREAKING CUTE!!!!!!! We won't get a husky until we have a lawn for him/her to run around and we are sure our schedules can work with a dog having that much energy since they need to be jogged daily/lots of grooming etc. You can't tell me you would not want t ocuddle that puppy though...look at that super fuzzy face! He is a little poof ball!

At first I thought that was a picture of your daughters robotic dog... I was thinking, wow, looks pretty life-like. :laugh: