What Myers-Briggs Type Indicator Personality are You?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What Myers-Briggs Personality Type are you?

• ENFP

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • INFP

Votes: 13 6.4%
  • ENFJ

Votes: 13 6.4%
  • INFJ

Votes: 23 11.4%
  • ENTP

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • INTP

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 15 7.4%
  • INTJ

Votes: 45 22.3%
  • ESFP

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • ISFP

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • ESFJ

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • ISFJ

Votes: 9 4.5%
  • ESTP

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • ISTP

• ESTJ

• ISTJ

Votes: 30 14.9%
  • I don't know - I was too lazy to complete the questionnaire

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • I hate answering questionnaires!

Votes: 3 1.5%

• Total voters
It's starting to look like INFJ suits me better. Yikes! :scared:

Weird...

Members don't see this ad.

It's starting to look like INFJ suits me better. Yikes! :scared:
Weird...

haha.. I think people can change over time. The environment may affect the personality.
I heard an "E" turned I when she got older.
Not surprisingly, working in pharmacy or healthcare system with highly organized system can turn "P" to "J". I became more like "J" than before but I am still a "P".

Members don't see this ad :)
Oooh yours is changing? I thought you were a proud P!
I'm still very proud of P's... ;)

I know... This is confusing as all heck. :confused:

I don't think it's the healthcare thing. Some of this stuff is just ringing true in ways that it never has before. Like it's making sense and not rubbing me the wrong way anymore (--> the INFP descriptions, specifically)... or something. :p

"INFjs can be very touchy and this may strain the easy atmosphere of a conversation. Sometimes they adopt a monotone speech pattern that can snuff out all playfulness in others. INFjs have a special ability to listen to people and as a result they are often asked for advice or sympathy. They never push people away and are always prepared to listen for as long as it takes to make others feel better, even if they theoretically have better things to do. INFjs are always ready to help friends in difficult life situations. They care not with words but with real actions."

"They do everything carefully, paying great attention to the quality of their labour. INFjs demand cleanliness and order. At home they tend to keep everything tidy, carefully storing their belonging, especially females INFjs. They like a calm and measured style of life and therefore try to prepare and anticipate everything beforehand, often making them quite reliable." - Socionics

"In the workplace, the INFJ usually shows up in areas where they can be creative and somewhat independent. They have a natural affinity for art, and many excel in the sciences, where they make use of their intuition. INFJs can also be found in service-oriented professions. They are not good at dealing with minutia or very detailed tasks. The INFJ will either avoid such things, or else go to the other extreme and become enveloped in the details to the extent that they can no longer see the big picture. An INFJ who has gone the route of becoming meticulous about details may be highly critical of other individuals who are not." - http://www.personalitypage.com/INFJ.html

It's like things have all of a sudden opened up or something. :p
i.e. I found out that I really, really like hospital order entry. And that's
what I would like do to whenever I graduate... until I get bored with it.

Last edited:
E-N-T-J
1-100-12-11

Yippee....

ENTJ

1 62 38 67

They dislike to see mistakes repeated, and have no patience with inefficiency. They may become quite harsh when their patience is tried in these respects, because they are not naturally tuned in to people's feelings, and more than likely don't believe that they should tailor their judgments in consideration for people's feelings.

ENTJs want their home to be beautiful, well-furnished, and efficiently run. They're likely to place much emphasis on their children being well-educated and structured, to desire a congenial and devoted relationship with their spouse. At home, the ENTJ needs to be in charge as much as he or she does in their career. The ENTJ is likely best paired with someone who has a strong self-image, who is also a Thinking type. Because the ENTJ is primarily focused on their careers, some ENTJs have a problem with being constantly absent from home, physically or mentally.

I think the career thing is a bit off, but that may be my womanly instinct kicking in. *shrug*

This contradicts the traditional notion that pharmacist should be ESTJ.
http://www.wischik.com/damon/Texts/myersbriggstrek.html

I like that Star Trek version of personality profiles you shared. Looks like I'd be Spock (minus the pointy ears) :D or Miles O'Brien.

ISTJ: Inspector

You share a basic personality configuration with Spock and Miles O'Brien.

People like you are generally logical, honest and upfront. You get impatient with phonies and people who are disorganized, though you keep your reactions to yourself, as you're usually cautious and quiet, though not timid. Others find you reliable and will count on your being there in times of need. You make a loyal and responsible friend, though only when others remember that you're conservative in nature.

You're literal, realistic, and practical. You're a hard worker who does very well in highly detailed situations, as you're careful and precise. You are also somewhat resistant to change and comfortable with routine. When change occurs, you'll be the last one to fit it into your routine, but you'll become an expert in time. You work much better to adapt to change when you see practical benefits.

Your primary goal in life is to be of service and do your job well. Your best rewards are to be listened to and to be acknowledged for your hard work.

Good careers for your type are operations officer, chief information officer, database administrator, police detective, and science officer.

The description fits me pretty well. If I had time for a second job, I'd probably be a detective of some sort.

Thanks for sharing the link!

It's starting to look like INFJ suits me better. Yikes! :scared: Weird...

I wonder ... if we could 'type' our pets, what would Tabby be? :) ISFP? I think that's what Muffin would most likely be... ISFP. But then, how do we tell the difference between a sensing vs. intuitive cat? :D

Pharmasynergy,

I wish I had your personality. I will have a much easier time with most pharmacy jobs. :) It's what our society want.

PharmDstudent,

Sorry.. you're leaving us... idealists (INFPs), the minority in the society and in pharmacy... Now we are even less than 3% now in pharm poll. :p I have strong I, N, and P. My F is close to borderline. It will change to "T" some days.

I wonder ... if we could 'type' our pets, what would Tabby be? ISFP? I think that's what Muffin would most likely be... ISFP. But then, how do we tell the difference between a sensing vs. intuitive cat?
:D You know... sometimes I think about that too... :p

Muffin could be an ISFP. She's seems pretty shy, but also very sweet. :)

I would guess that intuitive kitties would seem more unusual than sensing kitties, at least that's how I feel as an intuitive person. :p

Tabby is an ISTP, no doubt. :p She comes and goes whenever she pleases, doesn't like to show it if she's hurt, appreciates attention, could be considered a loner, other kitties are afraid of her, and she's an excellent hunter. :cool:

...oh, and Tabby says "Hello!" :)

PharmDstudent,

Sorry.. you're leaving us... idealists (INFPs), the minority in the society and in pharmacy... Now we are even less than 3% now in pharm poll. :p I have strong I, N, and P. My F is close to borderline. It will change to "T" some days.
INFJs are still considered idealists. All NFs can be considered "idealists", just like NTs are "rationals", SPs are "artisans", and SJs are "guardians".

Sorry... :( but INFP just doesn't fit right. I'm not that "fluid" of a person even though I'm an NF. And... People will sometimes call me harsh and demanding, and if I'm truly angry or mad at someone, then I'll just completely ignore them --> all of which tend to point towards INFJ (among lots of other characteristics).

Actually, INFJs are said to be the most rare, so you're not alone by being in the minority. ;)

You'll do fine in pharmacy. :) Just try to buddy up with people who you can thrive around, instead of those with whom you'll fail to thrive.

I would really recommend Socionics intertype relations as a resource. It's helped me figure a lot of things out that I would have never been able to understand before.

Last edited:
PharmDstudent,

dont worry! ive always found that even though intps are rare, ive found them wherever i go. ive found i also think differently than most of my prepharmacy and pharmacy classmates, but look at it as a resource! you can contribute a style that maybe would otherwise be overlooked.

dont worry! ive always found that even though intps are rare. you can contribute a style that maybe would otherwise be overlooked.

Good that you have the insight to identify INTP. It is sometimes difficult to me to identify the personality type.

Yes, I can.. but you will be more like to contribute more in the special setting in pharmacy like research, project, or teaching.
In most pharmacy setting, they put more value on "S" and "J" skills, like attention to details and time management
Knowing my personality and past experience in "bedside" nursing, I am trying to shy away from Sensing Judging working environment unless I have to. I am very strong N and P. My choices are limited but I try to go for them first... At least, I will compromise the setting to IN_P. It's hard to find "NF" working environment in pharmacy.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Tabby is an ISTP, no doubt. :p She comes and goes whenever she pleases, doesn't like to show it if she's hurt, appreciates attention, could be considered a loner, other kitties are afraid of her, and she's an excellent hunter. :cool:

...oh, and Tabby says "Hello!" :)

Hello Tabby! ISTP? She must be an Incredibly Sweet Tabby Pal! :)

Oh, and had you not edited the typo, I would've asked if you could loan Tabby to me for a day. :D

Now I'm wondering if a particular personality type(s) prefers cats vs. dogs ... or which personalities like animals in general. Or maybe there's no relation at all between personality type and fondness for animals??

Good that you have the insight to identify INTP. It is sometimes difficult to me to identify the personality type.

Yes, I can.. but you will be more like to contribute more in the special setting in pharmacy like research, project, or teaching.
In most pharmacy setting, they put more value on "S" and "J" skills, like attention to details and time management
Knowing my personality and past experience in "bedside" nursing, I am trying to shy away from Sensing Judging working environment unless I have to. I am very strong N and P. My choices are limited but I try to go for them first... At least, I will compromise the setting to IN_P. It's hard to find "NF" working environment in pharmacy.

i am also very strong N and P . but i think there are pharmacy jobs out there for all types of people. there are so many options!

i am also very strong N and P . but i think there are pharmacy jobs out there for all types of people. there are so many options!

Your're right. There're all sorts of working environments that match all personality type.
Unfortunately, most traditional pharm jobs match ISTJ/ESTJ personality more. I am tired enough of that ESTJ/ESFJ working environment in nursing.
I am thinking about teaching, psychiatric pharmacy, research etc.. eg. teaching matches "NF" personality.
If I can not get a job I want, I will go back for my master in nursing.

Guys, I would recommend the "official" MBTI step II if it is offered at your school.
It offers more personalized insight of each of the four letter. I just got the results and it indicates that I am not a strong "Feeler". I can be logical (T types) in some aspects..

Last edited:
Pharmasynergy,

I wish I had your personality. I will have a much easier time with most pharmacy jobs. :) It's what our society want.

Thanks, but I often wish I had more NP in me than SJ. Sometimes I can get too bogged down by facts/details, and miss the big picture. I think it's interesting though, that based on the poll so far, there appears to be more iNtuitives than Sensors.

I am thinking about teaching, psychiatric pharmacy, research etc.. eg. teaching matches "NF" personality.
If I can not get a job I want, I will go back for my master in nursing.

Guys, I would recommend the "official" MBTI step II if it is offered at your school. It offers more personalized insight of each of the four letter. I just got the results and it indicates that I am not a strong "Feeler". I can be logical (T types) in some aspects..

I like teaching and psychiatric pharmacy too. ;) Good luck to you in whatever field you decide to pursue! :)

Below is the link to free official version of MBTI. However, I don't think the interpretation is real version otherwise copyright may be violated. It may be more accurate than the other ones posted.

http://www.helloquizzy.com/tests/the-official-myersbriggs-personality-test

I got moderate-introversion, very clear intuition, equal thinking/feeling, clear perceiving. Basically, INFP/INTP

Here are my results for that quiz. :)

I'm a CLEAR introvert and intuitive.
I'm a MODERATE feeler and judger.

Hello Tabby! ISTP? She must be an Incredibly Sweet Tabby Pal! :)

Oh, and had you not edited the typo, I would've asked if you could loan Tabby to me for a day. :D

Now I'm wondering if a particular personality type(s) prefers cats vs. dogs ... or which personalities like animals in general. Or maybe there's no relation at all between personality type and fondness for animals??
Yes. She's very sweet in a sassy, feral-turned-domestic kitty sort of way. :)

a picture of Tabby being sweet while kneading the ground

I don't know which types prefer what, but I would think that introverts can relate more to cats- natural loners.
photo.php

Here are my results for that quiz. :)

I'm a CLEAR introvert and intuitive.
I'm a MODERATE feeler and judger.
WOah I took that one and I got ENFP instead of ENFJ... I seriously think the wording of that quiz is very different from other quizzes I've taken. I think it makes the J's and P's switch (maybe).

Oh and your kitty looks just like my bf's kitty :)

I think it's interesting though, that based on the poll so far, there appears to be more iNtuitives than Sensors.

This is a good thing, isn't? That means that next generation of pharmacist won't be satisfied with the more practical, routinized, structured, and conventional product-oriented aspect (Sensing mode). The dissatisfactions will push for more cognitive/imaginative aspects in pharmacy (intuition) where PharmD yearn for more autonomy and cognitive skills.

Moreover, since pharmacy school is a big investment, considering the length and tuition. The majority of people with practical minds who focus on "here and now" (Sensing mode) may not want to invest that much for the future.

Last edited:
anyone else an INFP raise you hand? There must be the other 4 people here, according to the poll..;)

One professor told me that INFP is rare in pharmacy class. He is also an INFP.

i realize this is an old thread but i wanted to share my results anyway.

INTJ

[SIZE=+1]Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0]Strength of the preferences %[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]67 [/SIZE][SIZE=+1]25 25 11[/SIZE]

distinctively expressed introvert
moderately expressed intuitive personality
moderately expressed thinking personality
slightly expressed judging personality

interesting that most of us are this type.