what scholrships are out there for pre-vet people& where can i find them?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

horselvr4life

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok, so like most i am a bit worried about how i am going to pay for college, due to the extremly high costs of college and the fact that money does not grow on trees were i come from. i am currently searching for schlorships. where can i find some? are there any vet schools that offer schlorships to pre-vet or even high school students? how do i apply to them? and what is the total amout that i would recieve if i get the schlorship? please help me. thank you!:love::D

Members don't see this ad.

ok, so like most i am a bit worried about how i am going to pay for college, due to the extremly high costs of college and the fact that money does not grow on trees were i come from. i am currently searching for schlorships. where can i find some? are there any vet schools that offer schlorships to pre-vet or even high school students? how do i apply to them? and what is the total amout that i would recieve if i get the schlorship? please help me. thank you!:love::D

hmmm well are you in college or high school? If you're in high school talk to guidance.... my guidance always has tonnnns of scholarships available. If you're entering or are in undergrad... most schools have scholarships from their own school so talk to your adviser or other students. You can file for FAFSA which gives you loans. Or you can check out independent scholarships. You can go to websites like fastwebs which will help with that. Those are the places I would start looking. Applying depends... some make you write essays, some make you answer finacinal questions, sometimes you have to do a big project of demonstration, or get a LOR. The amount that you get depends on individual scholarship. They amount could be from 100 dollars to a full scholarship. Just start to look around online and ask around.

I think the best place to find undergrad scholarships are from the school you're going to attend. They will give you scholarship info when they accept you. The two schools I considered attending both offered scholarships that made their cost about equivalent. Also, going to a school that gives you a scholarship means that they have an investment in you and want you to succeed. Some schools have guaranteed scholarships. When you narrow your list down to 20 or so schools you might attend, investigate their financial aid possibilities to see if you qualify.

The second best place to find them is from your home town. Most service organizations like Kiwanis and Rotary have scholarships, as well as the united way and stuff like that. Getting involved in service isn't only useful for your application, it also can mean money.

Your high school probably has several awards for college-bound students. Look into that.

Last place is Fastweb. If you're photogenic, you might get some of the stupid "best milk mustache" scholarships. I suppose it doesn't hurt to write essays and stories. It really depends how motivated you are.