What should I do in my situation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KyleV

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I am looking at SMP as an option for me in the future. I am also aware of a potential DIY post-bac I may opt for regarding DO school. Here's my situation- I will be graduating at the end of next year with a BS in medical laboratory science, and will still need to take 5 (or 6 if you could biochemistry) of the medical school pre-reqs. I am interested potentially at a formal SMP simply because I would have the opportunity to take the bulk of the courses at once and get done much sooner if I did the DIY, but I do understand many other factors will come into play. That said, as of right now with about 36 or so science credits towards my degree, I only have about a 2.75 sGPA. Thanks for the help guys

Members don't see this ad.

The question is "what should I do" and the answer is "read". You can't get prereqs done in an SMP. Which means you haven't yet learned what your options are. Read the huge "low GPA" thread in this forum. Yes the whole thing.

Best of luck to you.