what time for registration?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mikeyworm

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anybody know what time mcat registration will open tomorrow? thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

at least none of us are going for the same test centers

haha, yeah we've got a pretty nice north american spread going on here. except for the mountain time people! guess they're the smart ones not to be sitting here hitting refresh on the aamc site over and over

so after you realize that you cant register for a location, what do you do? refreshing does nothing... i logged out the first time and it threw me back in to the 'wait' screen.... i'm back on the login screen and dunno if i should do the same thing.... any ideas? thnx

Members don't see this ad :)
i've been periodically searching different zip codes just to make sure the page is actually refreshing, but other than that i don't really know. honestly i doubt it's going to be up tonight at all. i think i'm just going to wait until it hits midnight here, try logging out and waiting again. if that produces nothing (or takes too much time) i think i'll just throw in the towel and try again tomorrow morning. someone mentioned earlier the office opens at 9am EST so i guess i'll try then.

ya... i'm so bored, i'm looking for my house using the google satellite map on their site (so sad... i know)... i'm thinking about giving up too..... its almost 2am here

haha my roommate and i love to procrastinate by looking up random stuff on google earth! you can waste so much time on that thing it isn't even funny!

i've been periodically searching different zip codes just to make sure the page is actually refreshing, but other than that i don't really know. honestly i doubt it's going to be up tonight at all. i think i'm just going to wait until it hits midnight here, try logging out and waiting again. if that produces nothing (or takes too much time) i think i'll just throw in the towel and try again tomorrow morning. someone mentioned earlier the office opens at 9am EST so i guess i'll try then.

You don't need to search for different zip codes. Clicking the Search button should do it. As a programmer, I know that it will hapen one of 2 ways. Either we all get kicked out of the system or when we click on Search, we will see the sites and dates available.

You don't need to search for different zip codes. Clicking the Search button should do it. As a programmer, I know that it will hapen one of 2 ways. Either we all get kicked out of the system or when we click on Search, we will see the sites and dates available.

oh okay, thanks! i'm pretty dumb when it comes to computers so I was just kind of trying anything :oops:

haha my roommate and i love to procrastinate by looking up random stuff on google earth! you can waste so much time on that thing it isn't even funny!

lol... which reminds me... have you seen ET on google earth (street view)?

i keep getting to the log in screen but when i type in my info it tells me i have timed out right away. happening for others?

i keep getting to the log in screen but when i type in my info it tells me i have timed out right away. happening for others?

i haven't had that happen, but i remember it saying somewhere that once you got to the login page you had one min to enter your info or you would lose your spot in line. are you doing it within one min? otherwise, you might want to give the tech line a call if it keeps up

I LOGGED IN!!!! However, it says my name is Ruben Kahn. My name isn't Ruben Kahn. Not even close. What do I do?

Members don't see this ad :)
i haven't had that happen, but i remember it saying somewhere that once you got to the login page you had one min to enter your info or you would lose your spot in line. are you doing it within one min? otherwise, you might want to give the tech line a call if it keeps up

I do it right away so that doesn't apply.

what's the tech line number?

I logged in and it logged me in as someone else and I was hoping that when I clicked continue it would go to my information, but then someone else's info was displayed with their address and social security number! I was shocked...I cant believe there's this big of a glitch in the system and that all of our information could be given out :confused:

I logged in and it logged me in as someone else and I was hoping that when I clicked continue it would go to my information, but then someone else's info was displayed with their address and social security number! I was shocked...I cant believe there's this big of a glitch in the system and that all of our information could be given out :confused:

yeah, this is really awful. is our amc id number our ss#? i've already been logged in as two other people plus myself.

No, the AAMC number and social security number are different. That is really scary that the SSN number of other people are showing up.

yeah, this is really awful. is our amc id number our ss#? i've already been logged in as two other people plus myself.

No the amc id is not the ss#, if you press continue on the right side to register after you log in it takes you to your personal information page and that's where you all the contact info shows up (your address and ss#). I really hope they fix this problem asap :(

ugh i tried calling them to let them know about the logging in as different people and having access to their personal info, but no luck...did anyone email them to tell them about the situation?

AAMC is obviously not concerned about lawsuits resulting from breaching people's privacy. They're making so much money off of everyone that they can easily pay whatever damages come their way. They charge $200 bucks a pop per MCAT test-taker and there's gotta be at least a few hundred thousand taking the test each year. All that money and they don't even bother to put in a half way decent IT/tech support system in place! Laziness and/or sloppiness are clear signs of a monopoly but what government agency is regulating AAMC? :thumbdown:

ugh i tried calling them to let them know about the logging in as different people and having access to their personal info, but no luck...did anyone email them to tell them about the situation?

i emailed them and got back the stock response that you always get when you email aamc. this is a legitimately enormous problem for them.

i emailed them and got back the stock response that you always get when you email aamc. this is a legitimately enormous problem for them.

cool...i just emailed them too. this could be very bad for aamc, could they possibly get sued for this?

just an FYI for everyone. I used internet explore instead of netscape/firefox and it worked quickly and well. so try that and see if it works.

edit: this is not to say that i can register, no sites are still available, but at least it logged in as me.

Let's post the names that came up as ours, shall we? I got 4 so far, complete with their addresses and SS#:

1. Kathy Caraballo
2. Sanjeetha Raveendranathan
3. James Julius Morrow
4. Marina Proektor

Is this bad for AAMC? I think so.

Nope, I still can't register and everytime I enter my username and password, it says session has timed out. This is really really aggravating.

just woke up now.... gonna try again... stayed up till 2 am last night as well
hopefully this time i'll get somewhere....

tried till 12 last night (pacific time) with nothing, trying again right now and nothing yet. i was just reading the other registration thread and i'm horrified! people are being logged in as the wrong person and can see all their info (including ssn!)? having a slow and annoying system is one thing but this is a problem aamc needs to fix asap

andddddddddd..................

this is posted on the AAMC page :

Registration is now open for the January 2008 administrations of the MCAT Exam.

finallyyyyyyyy

that's fine and dandy but can anybody actually register?
or are we all staring at that annoying barbershop pole?

Same here... I'm at the "please wait" screen... about an hour ago I got to the "find a test center" screen but it said that there were no test centers within a 100 mile radius of my zip (which there are)... and when I hit refresh it brought me to my wait screen. Occasionally it has asked me to fill in my login info again, but nothing yet.

And I have to head off to class soon... gahh...

nepatslvr- GO PATS! I was at the game Sunday afternoon... just incredible :thumbup:

Same here... I'm at the "please wait" screen... about an hour ago I got to the "find a test center" screen but it said that there were no test centers within a 100 mile radius of my zip (which there are)... and when I hit refresh it brought me to my wait screen. Occasionally it has asked me to fill in my login info again, but nothing yet.

And I have to head off to class soon... gahh...

nepatslvr- GO PATS! I was at the game Sunday afternoon... just incredible :thumbup:

You were there??!! I'm so jealous, it must have been amazing!! i'm from california so i've never gotten to see them live (been a fan for years). this weekend's going to be awesome don't ya think?

back on topic, ummm, word has it that aamc has posted on their website that scheduling is officially open (credit goes to AmArIe)

has anyone registered before? how long are these waits usually? or is it just a massive mess this year only?

Ya I have taken the test once before- the registration process was nothing like this back then! This is really unfortunate- I hope everything gets fixed really soon.

my goodness has ANYONE gotten through yet and actually booked a date??? I'm sittin' here sweatin' bullets because I haven't been able to get through at all... *tears*

just curious- and i know we all probably reside in different areas of the country/continent/world- which january date are you guys going for?

ok for those of you that didn't notice :D on the main page there is a new

2008 Registration Deadlines and Score Release Schedule (PDF, 1 page)

and i know that previously it appeared that both adm were going to be in the am but now its friday am and saturday noon

where did you see the change from morning to noon administration? just curious since my computer is still showing morning for both and the afternoon time could possibly change the date i was hoping for. thanks!

WELCOME TO MCAT REGISTRATION AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE
Please wait by keeping this web page open. If you close out of this page you will lose your turn.
You will be taken to the registration login page as soon as we are able to handle your request during this busy time.
Don't have an account yet? Register here.