What to do during High School

hippo_crates

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I know there are a bunch of threads about this already but I just wanted to see if I could get any new answers. I'm a sophomore in high school and I'm currently shadowing a couple doctors of varying specialties so I have an idea of what each is and have some small experience with it. I'm also volunteering there as well in patient transport so I'm getting exposure there as well. I try to read papers that are published but other than that I'm at a loss for what I should do. Is there anything else that I should start doing that could gear me towards medicine or am I good where I'm at? Thanks for the feedback.

Members don't see this ad.

So I know there are a bunch of threads about this already but I just wanted to see if I could get any new answers. I'm a sophomore in high school and I'm currently shadowing a couple doctors of varying specialties so I have an idea of what each is and have some small experience with it. I'm also volunteering there as well in patient transport so I'm getting exposure there as well. I try to read papers that are published but other than that I'm at a loss for what I should do. Is there anything else that I should start doing that could gear me towards medicine or am I good where I'm at? Thanks for the feedback.

I didn't do literally any of this stuff until after sophomore year of college and I got in fine. Relax and enjoy your youth.

Yeah, most people dont do much until college but early shadowing wouldnt hurt, especially if you are trying to decide if medicine is for you or not.

Good luck!

Dr. Webb
Orthopaedic Surgery Resident
================
www.fiverr.com/awebbster_1982
Like my page at: facebook.com/awebbmd
Follow me at: antoniowebbmd.com