What to do with M4 year.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ixitixl

Step 1 studysaurus
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Like everyone else and their extended family I will beginning applying for the oto match in a few months.

My record looks like this...
Step 1: 220/91
Step 2: scheduled for the end of July
M1/M2 grades above average.
M3 grades so far have been "advanced" with one "honors" at an ENT rotation I completed internationally (I wanted to see the system in a socialized healthcare setting).

Publications: 5 including Nature, PNAS, JARO, J Neuroscience - mostly second and third authors. Just submitted a 6th (a review article)

Abstracts: 11 presented at national and international meetings

Taught inner ear anatomy at Marine Biological Laboratory at Woods Hole.

Any thoughts on how to schedule my M4 year to help offset the low step 1?

Members don't see this ad.

Like everyone else and their extended family I will beginning applying for the oto match in a few months.

My record looks like this...
Step 1: 220/91
Step 2: scheduled for the end of July
M1/M2 grades above average.
M3 grades so far have been "advanced" with one "honors" at an ENT rotation I completed internationally (I wanted to see the system in a socialized healthcare setting).

Publications: 5 including Nature, PNAS, JARO, J Neuroscience - mostly second and third authors. Just submitted a 6th (a review article)

Abstracts: 11 presented at national and international meetings

Taught inner ear anatomy at Marine Biological Laboratory at Woods Hole.

Any thoughts on how to schedule my M4 year to help offset the low step 1?

The usual advice would apply here in my opinion (see a host of other threads on aways, etc). Some places you might miss the cut off with Step I score but your vast amount of publications and presentations will catch the eye of some places. If you do well on Step II (i.e. 230's or so) then you'll be in good shape.