What to put down for contact info on AMCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lannister

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I spent a summer two years ago working at Home Depot and I want to put it on my application. However, I have no clue what my manager's name was, and I doubt she still works there anyways, with the rate of turnover they have. Do I need to put an actual name, or could I put "The Home Depot" and give the store's number? Or should I call the store and ask for the current manager's name?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sure you can just put the store name and number. There are about 1 in 27 billion odds of a school even attempting to contact Home Depot, let alone getting mad about what contact info you provide.

I spent a summer two years ago working at Home Depot and I want to put it on my application. However, I have no clue what my manager's name was, and I doubt she still works there anyways, with the rate of turnover they have. Do I need to put an actual name, or could I put "The Home Depot" and give the store's number? Or should I call the store and ask for the current manager's name?
You don't need a manager's name, you just need someone from the Employment/Human Resources office who can confirm dates worked and hours. A contact is not for the purpose of getting a report on job performance. For Name, fill in two words, like "Employment Office." For title, fill in "Home Depot." On the application it will appear as "Contact Name & Title: Employment Office, Home Depot."

Reactions: 1 users