What was your worst/most hated part of the application process?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not just the application process, but the process in general:

1. Volunteering
2. Personal statement, essays
3. MCAT, MCAT studying, MCAT fees
4. Application fees
5. Letters of recommendation

Shadowing was cool because I got to see some genuinely f-ed up stuff.

I concur with MCAT and application fees. Secondaries piled up and I couldn't afford to complete more than half of them.

Members don't see this ad.

The part where I pay each school $100 to write some additional essays and for them to tell me that I am inadequate.

engineering does count......

There are actually schools that specifically say engineering doesn't count for science letters unless it's biomedical (Tufts for one) and it's a little iffy at most schools that require science letters. Engineering is also a separate category on AMCAS not counted in BCPM or science GPA. :thumbdown:

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewing/Application costs by far. The debt I racked up is finally hitting me.

Unfortunately, it is affecting my decision in which school to attend. Schools that cut a tight living budget are going to be hard to pull off with credit card payments.

Last edited:
There are actually schools that specifically say engineering doesn't count for science letters unless it's biomedical (Tufts for one) and it's a little iffy at most schools that require science letters. Engineering is also a separate category on AMCAS not counted in BCPM or science GPA. :thumbdown:

Whoah, that blows! I guess they consider it an applied science. Dude? It's engineering. That shizzy is uber difficult (to me).

Submitting secondaries and receiving prompt rejections kinda pissed me off. Although I assume there's more to the story, I can't help but think its just a big money making scam.

I think the MCAT part was the worst!

I only have experience with AACOMAS where it does count in scigpa so :thumbdown: to u as well ;)

Sent from my SCH-I405 using SDN Mobile

by far the WAITING.

then the crazy amount of $$$

Pretty much all of it... but some highlights:

Studying for the MCAT
Paying $100 to write boring essays
Waiting to see if you are going to get an interview, then waiting to hear back