What would you do parents?

Originally posted by immediatespring
well, the bible also says that love your neighbour as you love yourself, it also says bless those who curse you, it says ...it says.... it says... what was your point?

My point is that it's very convenient how you get to pick and choose which biblical quotes are to be taken literally versus which ones can be completely ignored.

Funny how that works. Where do you get this secret decoder ring that allows you to discard the fabric-mixing quotes, but not the homosexuality-bashing ones?

How convenient that you can simply dismiss the slavery-condoning passages, but take the homosexuality passages literally.

Crazy.

Nuts.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by Teufelhunden
Again, the question was how many times did Jesus mention homosexuality? The answer is still zero. Jesus didn't write Corinthians. Wasn't that one of Paul's letters (?)

Anyway, homosexuality was never addressed by Jesus...read to the Gospels...it was never mentioned.

God...if you listened to all the religious nut jobs (Fawell, et. al), you'd think the entire New Testament was dedicated to bashing homosexuality!

I hate it when Christians come across so high-and-mighty with all these biblical quotes condemning "deviant" sexual behavior. I guess all these people never had premarital sex, or masterbated, or had oral sex....all things which are strictly prohibited.

Damn...religious whackos need to get a life and quit worrying about what everyone else is doing in their bedrooms.

well sheesh, don't get your panties in a bunch ...
how many times did Jesus mention Homosexuality? again, refer to my answer above :D no i don't listen to any religious nutjobs, no i am not bashing homosexuality, or is stating my belief bashing homosexuality? i never said watcha was going to hell, did i?

excuse me, but i sincerely apologise if i came across as high and mighty because that was and is not my intention at all, thats why i want to say again that my original post was directed at another christian's post, but about being high and mighty, if obeying the word of God makes me high and mighty, well then gosh darn it, i do want to be high and mighty! but i am not becuase just like everyone, i sin too... yes :eek:

and of course religious whackos need to quit worrying about what people in their bedrooms do, thats their business, however i am not a religious whacko and i was not worrying about what people do in their bedroom, gosh that would just be disgusting (if i may say... :) )

how many times did Jesus mention homosexuality? well hold on, i am going to count that, becuase when i get to heaven, thats one of the first questions Jesus will ask me, k?

:confused:

WHAT?!?!?

Is it just me, or is this just complete gibberish crazy-talking?!?

Members don't see this ad :)
:confused:

WHAT?!?!?

Is it just me, or is this just complete gibberish crazy-talking?!?

i thought we could keep this civilised, apparently not...

How convenient that you can simply dismiss the slavery-condoning passages, but take the homosexuality passages literally.

Crazy.

Nuts.

i didn't dismiss it, i said thats why Jesus came in the new testaments, why do you have to resort to name-calling to make your point? i mean you have referred to christians as whackos, crazy, nuts, and .... and yet we should stop judging?

This is just like an episode of West Wing. Watcha could be President Bartlett. Read the attached commentary on one of the shows where the president ignorantly blasts the bibles statements on slavery, homosexuality, stoning etc....

hilarious.

read it and see how all of your anit bible arguments can be destroyed quite simply with even a mild understanding of the bible.

enjoy

http://www.equip.org/free/DP801.pdf

Originally posted by 12R34Y
This is just like an episode of West Wing. Watcha could be President Bartlett. Read the attached commentary on one of the shows where the president ignorantly blasts the bibles statements on slavery, homosexuality, stoning etc....

hilarious.

read it and see how all of your anit bible arguments can be destroyed quite simply with even a mild understanding of the bible.

enjoy

http://www.equip.org/free/DP801.pdf

of course, you didn't answer the question I posed to you, and your link doens't work either :)

A lot has transpired since a last checked this thread. Interesting discussion (most of it)

you need adobe acrobat to open it.

i'll try and post it in a word document or something tonight or tomorrow.

by the way.......you can't explain, reason with or help anyone understand about the bible and christianity if they are NOT christians.........it is hard to change people's mind about things on a online forum.

No one is going to say......."oh you are right.......i see the light now!"

Just speaking from someone who used to be unsaved and is now saved.......until you do see the light and understand if first hand you won't understand. Your hearts will be hardened and you cannot possibly see the truth.

Likewise, you aren't going to get me to budge even a little bit on my stances sooooooooo...

I'll quit. nothing going to get accomplished.

OH, by the way.......sure I've had impure thoughts (homosexual) especially when i was a teenager..........

didn't choose to listen to them. I'm sure sexually both lifestyles will fulfill you, but it isn't just about sex. it's about being right and not sinning.

I CHOSE not to act on those feelings......like most hetersexuals. If you give into the sin then that is your problem. just my thoughts.

later

Originally posted by 12R34Y
you need adobe acrobat to open it.

i'll try and post it in a word document or something tonight or tomorrow.

by the way.......you can't explain, reason with or help anyone understand about the bible and christianity if they are NOT christians.........it is hard to change people's mind about things on a online forum.

No one is going to say......."oh you are right.......i see the light now!"

Just speaking from someone who used to be unsaved and is now saved.......until you do see the light and understand if first hand you won't understand. Your hearts will be hardened and you cannot possibly see the truth.

Likewise, you aren't going to get me to budge even a little bit on my stances sooooooooo...

I'll quit. nothing going to get accomplished.

OH, by the way.......sure I've had impure thoughts (homosexual) especially when i was a teenager..........

didn't choose to listen to them. I'm sure sexually both lifestyles will fulfill you, but it isn't just about sex. it's about being right and not sinning.

I CHOSE not to act on those feelings......like most hetersexuals. If you give into the sin then that is your problem. just my thoughts.

later

1. I have adobe acrobat, reader, photoshop, illustrator, pagemaker, streamline, etc. I know how to open an adobe pdf file. Your link didn't work for me

"by the way.......you can't explain, reason with or help anyone understand about the bible and christianity if they are NOT christians.........it is hard to change people's mind about things on a online forum."

2. Typical religious mantra, You have to have "leap of faith". In this world, I suscribe to the philosophy of Descartes, "I think therefore I am". If we can't prove religious arguements, or you can't even defend them, by saying, "oh you have to believe in it and be a christian, otherwise does not flow with me". I'm sorry buddy, if the idea of heaven and hell, and morality are so black and white for you that you don't need convincing, that's fine for you. But there are other people like DAvid Kouresh, like the KKK, and osama that operate with the same line of reasoning, aka, believe me in me and don't ask questions. The catholic church became so powerful during must of europe's history, that 80% of all her believers, were 1) illiterate 2) even if literate could not read hebrew or latin 3) took the word of the church as "divine and true". It wasn't until Luther who came and translated the bible into german, were the birth of protestanism had evolved. Same goes with today's christians, jews, muslims and atheists, if you can't defend your point to me, then you are all a figment of my imagination. How do you think your religious dogma is different from pat robertson and osama bin laden, just because YOU think it is true and "morally right". Abraham goes up on the hill and gets ready to sacrifice Isaac for god? no questions asked? now if abraham today did that, people would rush first to see if he is suffering from a schizophrenic disorder. Moral of the story, if god tells you to sacrifice your son, don't hesistate to do so, becauase again the "leap of faith clause".

3. This is what I figured since getting your response by saying it is a choice. Let me tell you this, NONE OF my straight friends, including my own brother, and parents have ever ever had homosexual thoughts, even if they have had it, they were NEVER aroused by thought of homosexuality. Some of my friends drool when a women walks by, and you mention the word or thought of penis to them, they get sick like this :(

And they belong to range of spectrums both religious and non-religious. As you can see, they ARE MUTUALLY exclusive heterosexual. The fact that you had or have homosexual thoughts, IS AN ANDICATION that you sir are a bisexual. Now, if you have managed to suppress your homosexuality, then I say congratulations to you! Being a heterosexual or attempting to live a heterosexual life, is a BETTER LIFE!

Now, the question is, what do people who are MUTUALLY homosexual, to do? I have rarely if ever had heterosexual thoughts, nor am I attracted to female glands or genitalia, a boob is simply a mass of inflated mammillary glands to me. I can squeeze it, touch it and suck it, and nada! So I can't CHOSSSSSSSSEEEE I repeat CHOOOOOOOSE to get an erection from a WOMAN!? got it?

and no being gay, is not "all about sex"....I FALL in love with guys, in high school..I didn't know why...I would look at one of my friends, and for teh entire geomtry class, I would doodle his name "john" all over my notebook, and I was like

:rolleyes:

and I was like...I have SERIOus serious issues...

NO, BUDDY, you are not a heterosexual, you are a BISEXUAL, and bisexuality comes in a spectrum!!! it's not 50/50, some are 10/90, some 40/60 with your sexuality leaning either way. Let me tell you something, I freqent gay chat sites, sometimes out of boredom and to talk to different peopel...yes there are ample of perverts wnating to do one night stands, and hookups, but there is also the "marriage crowd" where they have been reformed and converted to hetersoxuality...I would say anywhere from % to 30% of all married couples are married to a gay man, who out of social pressure married a women, and then AFTER AFTER 15 years of marriage or even 30 years of marriage, they are like "I can't live this lie anymore" and I'm like, what a hypocrite?!?!?

I THINK THAT IS IMMORAL to mislead any WOMAN, into thinking you love them, care for them, and eVEN have SEX with them and raise kids, and then half way into the marriage say, oh by the way honey, I'm GAY!!!

that's so wrong, if you chose to do that, then that is your pregorative, let me tell you this, I know very VERY VERY few people that became complete heterosexuals even from BISEXUALITY!!!

a lot of them revert bakc to their original behavior, 5 years, 10 years, or even 40 years down the line....my brother is one of the most straight people I know, HE WOULD NEVER ever have any kind of homosexual thoughts, nor is he ever AROUSED by the idea either...as such, you are seriously mistaken if you think that "most heterosexuals" have homosexual thoughts, because in the same token, most homosexuals don't have "heterosexual thoughts"

ok, when I see the "light" I will make sure to have your number, and let me tell you something, up until the age of 19 I was VERY religious, I prayed to god every single day of my life, asked him to make me straight, every time I had gay thoughts, I went into the bathroom and vommitted profusely, so I would never have gay thoughts, my parents beat the **** out of me, and told me I was better off dead than being gay....

those years traumatized me badly...my intention of this thread, to educate some parents in the MEDICALLY field, that if your child is gay to:

1) not beat the **** out of them
2) try endlessly to try and "convert them"
3) not push their child into suicide
4) learn to accept to love them for WHO THEY ARE and not what they are...

I'm not here pushing a "homosexual agenda" and asking all the men in the world to embrace homosexuality...I'm telling you this as a GAY man, life is harder, obstacles are more challenging, discrimination is rampid and your life is filled with depression and even suicide...as such, you or ANYONE else has to be a complete BUFFOON or idiot to want to "chose" to be gay...:rolleyes:

dude, you totally have some latent homosexulaity within you, as I told you I have straight freinds that dont even remotely have homosexual thoughts....with your phrasing of your words, about "giving into sin" your making it sound as if homosexuality is some kind of forbidden fruit, where you on a regular basis are strugglling with it, but "don't wish to give it in"....

dude, if you want or think you can be straight all the power to you..I'm not trying to make you go gay, but I hardly think you are anything but "straight" if anything you are a bisexual struggling with your emotions...

as such, I wish you the best in your "chosen" straight life, I have no beef with you, but take this analogy..

some people suffer from cancer:

1) some make it through chemo and survive

2) others dont and die

just because you can "become straight" doesnt mean the rest of the gay or bisexual community can, and yes this conversation was very fruitful...I was able to diagnose you as a latent homosexual/bisexual...

let me know how your marriage turns out in 40 years....;)

Originally posted by WatchaMaCallit
DEUTERONOMY 21:18-21 NKJ
18 "If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey the voice of his father or the voice of his mother, and who, when they have chastened him, will not heed them,
19 "then his father and his mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of his city, to the gate of his city.
20 "And they shall say to the elders of his city, `This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious; he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton and a drunkard.'
21 "Then all the men of his city shall stone him to death with stones; so you shall put away the evil person from among you, and all Israel shall hear and fear.

Ah yes, that lovely book called "The Bible"... Written by men, mainly so the Lords could offer hope to their peasants.

It's ironic that the book which we encourage people to read for enlightenment, self-awareness, peace, and prosperity is also the same book which advocates stoning kids to death because they do not obey their parents.

I'm glad I never wasted time reading the Bible. It's useless. I have found much better things to do with my time. For example, post on SDN.

I could probably write my own Bible. People of this day and age would think of it as the work of a fanatic, but just think, a 1,000 years from now people might consider it The Newest Testament, the Final Testament, Testament Finale, or maybe even The Bible, 3rd ed.

BIBLE: Book in Babble for the Lower Eschelon

Originally posted by Geek Medic
Ah yes, that lovely book called "The Bible"... Written by men, mainly so the Lords could offer hope to their peasants.

It's ironic that the book which we encourage people to read for enlightenment, self-awareness, peace, and prosperity is also the same book which advocates stoning kids to death because they do not obey their parents.

I'm glad I never wasted time reading the Bible. It's useless. I have found much better things to do with my time. For example, post on SDN.

I could probably write my own Bible. People of this day and age would think of it as the work of a fanatic, but just think, a 1,000 years from now people might consider it The Newest Testament, the Final Testament, Testament Finale, or maybe even The Bible, 3rd ed.

BIBLE: Book in Babble for the Lower Eschelon

:laugh: for someone that doesn't believe in the bible, you sure are getting riled up for no reason :laugh:
i really don't understand the point of bashing the bible, you don't believe in it, great! no one is forcing you but are you mad at the people that choose to believe it or did the bible do something wrong to you?

:laugh: for someone that doesn't believe in the bible, you sure are getting riled up for no reason :laugh:
i really don't understand the point of bashing the bible, you don't believe in it, great! no one is forcing you but are you mad at the people that choose to believe it or did the bible do something wrong to you?

Nah, just a personal rant because as a child who grew up in the deep South, all I ever heard about was religion this, religion that.

A little rebellion in me. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
I used to get so riled up over the religion thing. I used to--okay, sometimes still do--take it personal that someone else thinks I'm gonna suffer for eternity because they have it all figured out and I don't. I'd even feel hurt or defensive. Lately, I'm starting to get that it's all actually pretty humorous. Would you WANT to go to heaven and hang out with these christian fundy types, anyway? No drinking, screwing, or making fun of people with mullets; if the really hyper ones get their way, no secular music, dancing, blackjack, or cute Jewish guys. And definitely no 'Will & Grace'. That heaven can most certainly wait as far as I'm concerned!!! Even funnier, picture everyone who is SO certain that 'Biblical Truth' is the answer obeying their husbands like little puppy dogs, eschewing gay friends, spanking their kids, and then they die and BOOM! Reincarnated as a jelly fish! Dang it, all those millions of Hindus in India were right all along, and you wasted your human life on a no-fun religion. Hey, I'm not Hindu, but they are every bit as likely to be right as Christians or Atheists or anybody else. Picking a religion and getting to heaven is like picking lottery numbers and winning. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by StealthFille
I used to get so riled up over the religion thing. I used to--okay, sometimes still do--take it personal that someone else thinks I'm gonna suffer for eternity because they have it all figured out and I don't. I'd even feel hurt or defensive. Lately, I'm starting to get that it's all actually pretty humorous. Would you WANT to go to heaven and hang out with these christian fundy types, anyway? No drinking, screwing, or making fun of people with mullets; if the really hyper ones get their way, no secular music, dancing, blackjack, or cute Jewish guys. And definitely no 'Will & Grace'. That heaven can most certainly wait as far as I'm concerned!!! Even funnier, picture everyone who is SO certain that 'Biblical Truth' is the answer obeying their husbands like little puppy dogs, eschewing gay friends, spanking their kids, and then they die and BOOM! Reincarnated as a jelly fish! Dang it, all those millions of Hindus in India were right all along, and you wasted your human life on a no-fun religion. Hey, I'm not Hindu, but they are every bit as likely to be right as Christians or Atheists or anybody else. Picking a religion and getting to heaven is like picking lottery numbers and winning. :rolleyes:

Wow! Well said!

Just as an aside...a patient gave me one of those freaky tracts today...you know with the story of some young person dying in an auto accident and going to hell because they never accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior...blah, blah, blah.

I love those tracts...so cheerful...join our religion of fanatic kooks, or suffer eternal damnation of burning flesh in the firey pits of hell!

What a fun gang those crazy Christains are!

:laugh: Yeah, my baby got one of those fanatics, too... On his neurology rotation--go figure!:laugh:

Watcha,

I understand that this issue is very emotionally charged for you. You've gone through a lot of **** trying to accept your homosexuality and its been a tough road (and I suspect it still is given who your roommate is!). But, I think one reassuring thing from reading the majority of posts on this thread is that most folks seem to be pretty cool with the idea of homosexuality and the possibility of their children being gay. I know that there is still a long way to go with acceptance of gay rights, but thankfully some headway has been made. In the main, I think that a great deal of people are hip to the idea that what people do in their bedrooms is their business.

As far as promiscuity is concerned, I know a whole lot more safe sex adhering gay men than straight folks (a lot of whom still think that getting a girl knocked up is the biggest STD), but I know that statistically there are still more new HIV cases every year.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that people on SDN are (mainly) supportive and openminded.

disown them. buts thats just me. my wife has this i dont care cuz its their life attitude and i f ing hate it.

u can't disown ur own child...u wont when ur child is one...believe me..u will change...my parents had the same attitude :)

I wouldn't give a rat's a$$... guy, girl or monkey, either way they're not dating (with my permission) until they're 16.

Actually though... it might be cool to have a gay kid. Then I'd have an excuse to put one of those cool rainbow stickers on my car.

Oh, and I plan to open my house on holidays to all gay people who have been disowned by their lunatic parents. Watcha, don't underestimate how cruel and cold any parent can be. I wouldn't be surprised if that dude did disown his own kid.

:laugh:
Careful, "dapimp's" wife is gonna come after you!
:laugh:

Originally posted by relatively prime
I wouldn't give a rat's a$$... guy, girl or monkey, either way they're not dating (with my permission) until they're 16.

Actually though... it might be cool to have a gay kid. Then I'd have an excuse to put one of those cool rainbow stickers on my car.

Oh, and I plan to open my house on holidays to all gay people who have been disowned by their lunatic parents. Watcha, don't underestimate how cruel and cold any parent can be. I wouldn't be surprised if that dude did disown his own kid.

you know the thing, is, that gets to me...is that I would totally want to be straight if I had a choice...and the thing is...If I were blind or deaf...u would get people's sympathy...when your gay...u just get people's scorn :(

and people don't realize how hurtful it is...I mean you can deal with it, once, twice, but when it is the general attitude and ur going up against the tide...it's like you have to prove your existance to them one by one...and it becomes rather painful really...

oh well....

Originally posted by Elysium
Watcha,

I understand that this issue is very emotionally charged for you. You've gone through a lot of **** trying to accept your homosexuality and its been a tough road (and I suspect it still is given who your roommate is!). But, I think one reassuring thing from reading the majority of posts on this thread is that most folks seem to be pretty cool with the idea of homosexuality and the possibility of their children being gay. I know that there is still a long way to go with acceptance of gay rights, but thankfully some headway has been made. In the main, I think that a great deal of people are hip to the idea that what people do in their bedrooms is their business.

As far as promiscuity is concerned, I know a whole lot more safe sex adhering gay men than straight folks (a lot of whom still think that getting a girl knocked up is the biggest STD), but I know that statistically there are still more new HIV cases every year.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that people on SDN are (mainly) supportive and openminded.

thanks for your nice post...it means a lot...you're going to be a great parent....

Hey Sweetie,
I'm one of those freaky-ass straight-but-not-narrow advocates. I not only accept gay guys and lesbians; I can't imagine the world without you! DON'T wish you were straight! I can't tell you how many times I wished I were a little more socialy acceptable... but if I were, I wouldn't be me. Look at all these middle-class, minivan-driving, sexually repressed, middle-management psychos that populate our country, living what Thoreau (my idol) would call "lives of quiet desperation". I know you deserve better than that, and underneath it all, I know you do too. They are the freaks; not us!! Pandering to the mainstream is the only true surrender. Live your life, love your life. Nothing else (not religion, not a chevy suburban, not corian counter-tops or soccer practice, or a cute but not threateningly attactive spouse, or digital cable) matters, I promise.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

you know the thing, is, that gets to me...is that I would totally want to be straight if I had a choice...

Don't say that. I like gay people. How boring would the world be if everyone was straight? Homosexuality is nothing like blindness or any other disability. Homosexuality, contrary to popular belief, is NORMAL. It's not as common (like how blue eyes aren't as common) but it's not a disease or a disability. Various species of apes show homosexual behavior all the time. In fact, so do some species of birds. A lot of people don't know this, but homosexuality is present in nature. It's no big deal. Only humans are dumb enough to think it's a big deal. And in fact, a lot of ancient cultures didn't think it was a big deal. Exactly what do you think went on in those ancient Greek bath houses? ;)

And if you still don't believe me... spend some time with my guinea pigs. They don't care who they're humping. They're all apparently bisexual.

Like Stealth said, we can't all fit the mold... nor should we.

Don't say that. I like gay people. How boring would the world be if everyone was straight? Homosexuality is nothing like blindness or any other disability. Homosexuality, contrary to popular belief, is NORMAL. It's not as common (like how blue eyes aren't as common) but it's not a disease or a disability. Various species of apes show homosexual behavior all the time. In fact, so do some species of birds. A lot of people don't know this, but homosexuality is present in nature. It's no big deal. Only humans are dumb enough to think it's a big deal. And in fact, a lot of ancient cultures didn't think it was a big deal. Exactly what do you think went on in those ancient Greek bath houses? ;)

And if you still don't believe me... spend some time with my guinea pigs. They don't care who they're humping. They're all apparently bisexual.

Like Stealth said, we can't all fit the mold... nor should we.

yah, I know but sometimes...it feels good to feel "normal"....

have a wife, a dog, a cat, a swimming pool in the back...and two kids one boy and one girl...

if I were straight....right now..my biggest worries would be to change diapers, and getting children books...

instead..I get barraged with people saying...ur deviant..or ur sick...or ur perverted, or ur going to hell...blah blah blah...and its a choice, but ur not trying hard enough...it gets really old after a while and you get so drained...

the other day, I was speaking toa friend who didn't know I was gay, and I said, why would a person "choose" a difficult and harder path by leading a life that dcauses you to become an outcast by your family, friends, and society...and he was like...hey, there are also drug addicts...and they "chose" that lifestyle to... :(

I didn't know how to answer that....now I'm compared to a drug addict, sigh...and the other day..I was talking to a friend, and I said, how would you feel if you found out one of your friends is a lesbian or gay...and he was like...watcha...I don't like to talk about controversial topics :(

so now...I'm a drug addict and a controversial topic...it get's really old after a while...in the 21st century can't believe that pple still consider it to be a choice :(

Genetics or choice? DOES IT REALLY MATTER?

You are who you are; I am who I am; my children are who they are.

As long as no one is hurting anyone else, what's the big deal?

Geez, it's none of my business who anyone else has sex with.

As for my kids, as long as they're happy, I will welcome
their partners into the family.

There's not enough love in this world and there never can be.

With all due sympathy Watcha... being gay doesn't have to be that hard. I have more than a few gay friends who've managed find places where they are loved and accepted. For instance, one lives in New York... another in San Fransiscos... some went to New Hanven.

Now, if you're bent on living in Podunkville in Alabama and associating with your old-school friends from bible class... of course you're going to have problems.

You just need to surround yourself with a different crowd of people.

One other thing... did you say you're married?!?!? Presumably to a woman!?! HOW WRONG IS THAT??! If you actually got married (knowing you were gay) and decieved some poor woman into thinking you were straight, and then brought children into that bed of lies... I'm sorry but you're a bad bad bad person.

One other thing... did you say you're married?!?!? Presumably to a woman!?! HOW WRONG IS THAT??! If you actually got married (knowing you were gay) and decieved some poor woman into thinking you were straight, and then brought children into that bed of lies... I'm sorry but you're a bad bad bad person.

settle down, settle down. :) i think he was saying he wanted to be "normal," with a wife, kids, dog, etc... meaning he wanted those things and considered that to be normal... not that he actually possessed them. :)

With all due sympathy Watcha... being gay doesn't have to be that hard. I have more than a few gay friends who've managed find places where they are loved and accepted. For instance, one lives in New York... another in San Fransiscos... some went to New Hanven.

Now, if you're bent on living in Podunkville in Alabama and associating with your old-school friends from bible class... of course you're going to have problems.

You just need to surround yourself with a different crowd of people.

ummm...

1) I'm NOT married....I would never ever marry a woman...well actually I want to...but I'm gay...
2) Yes, I'm fully aware that SF and NYC are the havens for people like me...not to mention culturally, intellectually far superior than any other cities...but hello, thats like 10 cities AT MOST in the whole country...every where else you go its by far more conservative
3) by the way, how many gay medical students do you know...the number is by far less...why is that..it's a conservative field...

besides, everybody whines on this website...why can't I :D

If my child were gay, I certainily wouldn't shun her. Having spent some time as an AIDS counselor, I'm used to being around all types of people.

Watcha,

I hate like hell that you're obviously hurting as much as you are about being gay. I know how easy it is to want to fit the societal mode of getting married and having kids and all that and that is more difficult for gay men to achieve these goals than it is lesbians (because of A.I. and the like). But there are like minded men out there who want to have a partnership and a family. They want all the same things you do. My best friend is a 32 year old gay man who has been in a committed relationship for 5 years (way longer than any of my great straight relationships!) and they're talking about adopting a baby or inseminating a female friend of their's (and my name has been thrown around!). Do you currently have a partner or any other gay friends? It seems like you feel rather isolated and are still ashamed of your sexuality. Please don't be (easier said than done, I know). I wish that you could surround yourself with more like minded people and stop associating with bigoted dinguses that only re-affirm your self loathing. You can have the life you dream of, with a wonderful man that will turn you on body and soul. Never settle and don't be afraid to be yourself. Your journey will make you a more empathetic person and ulimately a more empatheic physician.

Have faith!

Originally posted by Elysium
Watcha,

I hate like hell that you're obviously hurting as much as you are about being gay. I know how easy it is to want to fit the societal mode of getting married and having kids and all that and that is more difficult for gay men to achieve these goals than it is lesbians (because of A.I. and the like). But there are like minded men out there who want to have a partnership and a family. They want all the same things you do. My best friend is a 32 year old gay man who has been in a committed relationship for 5 years (way longer than any of my great straight relationships!) and they're talking about adopting a baby or inseminating a female friend of their's (and my name has been thrown around!). Do you currently have a partner or any other gay friends? It seems like you feel rather isolated and are still ashamed of your sexuality. Please don't be (easier said than done, I know). I wish that you could surround yourself with more like minded people and stop associating with bigoted dinguses that only re-affirm your self loathing. You can have the life you dream of, with a wonderful man that will turn you on body and soul. Never settle and don't be afraid to be yourself. Your journey will make you a more empathetic person and ulimately a more empatheic physician.

Have faith!

Thanks Elysium..

Yah I alot of gay friends now....although I don't relate much to them....I'm prolly the only guy in my 20s that wants to settle down and have a family haha :p

The only reason I brought it up..was to just to see how some of the bigots and rednecks on this site would react if they have gay kids, and make sure they their kids don't go through what I had to go through....but it seems as if it does little to change people's opinions...

one day...when they will realize that their kid is gay...I'm sure they will learn how to deal or not deal with it...

peace.....

Originally posted by StealthFille

it is always easy to judge people because you don't agree with their beliefs, what a lame comeback, i am a christian and i watch will and grace, your point was? well i guess we would wait until we get to heaven... oh wait....

news flash: name calling is the most overrated form of argument...

news flash immy: you are very defensive when anyone is critical of anything religious...what makes you sure the redneck and bigot remark was headed your way or anyone on this website....there were two or three people I regarded as being bigots...so you just need to stop having your insecurities...everytime something related to your religion comes along...if you believe in it..then you can defend it...if you can't defend it...then that is your problem...

and your lack of understanding about gay issues is a joke....being gay is more than being "will and grace"...thats a comedy...

it's like saying...I understand Christianity by watching "All in the family"...:rolleyes:

okay wacha, i don't recall you calling me a bigot but i am just saying calling people names like "rednecks" is not very effective, but i guess you are right.

and i don't think i am being defensive, if i were i would have quoted hell and back and argued like crazy but i think it is pretty judgemental of most of the posts here to lump christians as crazy bunchs and people that hate gays and don't watch will and grace, maybe thats the stereotype of christians but like any other stereootype, it doesnt always fit, but never mind, i don't want to rain on your parade so sorry...

carry on...

and your lack of understanding about gay issues is a joke

how would you know about my understanding about gay issues, i have never taken a stand on that, i understand that will and grace is comedy, but it was used as a reference and i replied to that, was that the joke?

Yah I alot of gay friends now....although I don't relate much to them....I'm prolly the only guy in my 20s that wants to settle down and have a family haha :p
peace.....

Hey, I have a cool gay male friend in New York who also wants a family. You want me to set you up? ;)

QUESTION: How come under "interests" on your profile you have "women?"