What's everyone using for verbal?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

newbeginnings

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have EK 101 and TPR Hyperlearning Verbal (and don't plan on using science passages) since I hear that will suffice. Is it worth it to buy the new EK CARS/Research Methods? How may passages are in the new EK one?

Members don't see this ad.

I am using the old SAs and old practice tests. Be careful at how much weight you put into the rationale behind correct answer choices from other companies. This is one section where I firmly believe analyzing and understanding AAMC mentality is the best thing you can do.

Reactions: 3 users
I am using the old SAs and old practice tests. Be careful at how much weight you put into the rationale behind correct answer choices from other companies. This is one section where I firmly believe analyzing and understanding AAMC mentality is the best thing you can do.
Agreed. So verbal has pretty much stayed the same, minus science passages? Does that include psych passages? Also, side note: the new aamc Qpacks are old SA/FL questions, too I hear.

Yuppers.

I personally wouldn't discard the sciencey verbal passages, because they are good practice. Sure, the content is different, but the types of questions being asked aren't.

:flame:

Reactions: 1 users
what passages types in VR are no longer present ? The natural science passages are no longer there. anything else?