What's Taking so long?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bahoovo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
LizzyM 77-79, strong EC's, research experience but no publications. Completed August 20th- August 30th at all schools.

So out of 12 med schools I applied to, I have either received an interview or acceptance at five out of 12. However, the remaining seven, I have heard nothing back. No rejection, to interview, nothing. However, I did receive secondaries from all of them with completed files by the end of August. Is it safe to assume that interviews aren't coming at this point since it has been almost 2.5 months, or should I keep my hopes up? Here is the list of schools with current statuses:

Harvard - interview

johns hopkins- nothing

emory -nothing

stanford - nothing

vandy -nothing

UK- interview

UofL- accepted

IU- interview

Baylor- nothing

Cincy- accepted

Chicago- nothing

Toledo- nothing

Members don't see this ad.

You have two acceptances.

You know half of people who apply don't get any acceptances? And you, in November, want to know what's taking so long for schools to get back to you even though you are sitting on 2 acceptances?

Dude.

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I really did not intend for this post to come off douchey I just wanted to know timeline wise where I stand. I apologize if this post offensive, but just for my own sake of mind/sanity I wanted to know where I stand.

Reactions: 1 user
I've gotten nothing but silence at 19 of 20 schools! Thankfully, the one came through.

You have to chill. You were complete borderline late so you might have some more interviews coming. I was complete end of August and I got nearly half of my invites from November to February. Just wait. You have two acceptances and an interview at Harvard. You're doing fine.

The guy/gal has a LM off the charts... I get that he is expecting to get into top 20/top 10 schools and hasn't yet... thus.. he/she is worried.
But I agree
Just wait. You have two acceptances and an interview at Harvard. You're doing fine.

I really did not intend for this post to come off douchey I just wanted to know timeline wise where I stand. I apologize if this post offensive, but just for my own sake of mind/sanity I wanted to know where I stand.
Your a little baby