Whats up with ERAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
2:39 minutes but it finally worked.

Members don't see this ad.

when you submit your application, does eras give you an option to select which programs to submit your app to from that were already selected? or does it send your application to all that were previously selected. I am trying to edit some stuff on some programs but its taking too long.

So if I apply later tonight does this mean programs that downloaded apps today would not get mine till the next time they download apps? Are programs really downloading apps today, especially when people are having issues submitting it in ERAS?

I thought he meant a time period (a whole entry). People were reporting deletions and duplications. Now I realise it was much, much worse.

Nope. Just a "." at the end of a sentence. It bothered me, so I changed it. I also have the day off, so I have some time on my hands.

UPDATE: Now it is giving me an error staying that I have opened multiple sessions (which I didn't) and shamed me for it. Unbelievable. ERAS...you screwed up...not me. It must be nice to not have any competition as a business.

Yep. Now getting nothing but "multiple sessions" error messages. Of course I called ERAS...and you can imaging how that turned out. There has to be thousands of people calling in to find out the answer they already know as of why the server is so slow.

I remember calling ERAS more than a month ago...in an odd hour of the day and it still took forever for them to answer me back.

Protip bro...totally exit out of whatever browser you were using and clear the cache. This happened to me a couple times last night and doing this brought it back. It still thinks there's an instance of the program running in that browser because the site never actually "logged" you out when it crashed.

I am having no luck selecting programs to apply to either. I wonder how long till it starts working again?

UPDATE: Now it is giving me an error staying that I have opened multiple sessions (which I didn't) and shamed me for it. Unbelievable. ERAS...you screwed up...not me. It must be nice to not have any competition as a business.

Yep. Now getting nothing but "multiple sessions" error messages. Of course I called ERAS...and you can imaging how that turned out. There has to be thousands of people calling in to find out the answer they already know as of why the server is so slow.

I remember calling ERAS more than a month ago...in an odd hour of the day and it still took forever for them to answer me back.

"Multiple sessions not Allowed

It appears that you are trying to start another session while one is still active. This behavior is not supported by MYERAS system. Please close this tab and return to your current session."

ERAS...I have only one tab open! You timed me out and now your system has me in a glitch loop. :)
Sheesh.

I got in touch with ERAS by phone. Only the guy on the other end of the lines advice was to continue to try logging. I explained to him that it was no longer a timeout issue but a glitched with my account. He told me good luck and call back tomorrow.

looks like they've taken the programs tabs offline

Reactions: 1 user
At least I was able to put in some sweet trades in my fantasy football league while I waited.

Reactions: 1 users
Programs are aware (I hope) that apps are being delayed. At noon today, we had 8 applications. I know we're not super popular, but I expect we'll have more.

Reactions: 4 users
"Multiple sessions not Allowed

It appears that you are trying to start another session while one is still active. This behavior is not supported by MYERAS system. Please close this tab and return to your current session."

ERAS...I have only one tab open! You timed me out and now your system has me in a glitch loop. :)
Sheesh.

I got in touch with ERAS by phone. Only the guy on the other end of the lines advice was to continue to try logging. I explained to him that it was no longer a timeout issue but a glitched with my account. He told me good luck and call back tomorrow.

I went home...opened up Firefox (and not Internet explorer). I am now able to log-in. However it is saying that I have already submitted my application. HOWEVER...I haven't paid any money...and below it still has zero as the number of programs applied to. Something needs to be done about ERAS. This has been a complete waste of my time today and now programs may be receiving a corrupted application from me. Very frustrating.

I went home...opened up Firefox (and not Internet explorer). I am now able to log-in. However it is saying that I have already submitted my application. HOWEVER...I haven't paid any money...and below it still has zero as the number of programs applied to. Something needs to be done about ERAS. This has been a complete waste of my time today and now programs may be receiving a corrupted application from me. Very frustrating.

Maybe you can argue them not to charge you? Free ERAS for you!

Keep in mind that application submission and assigning it to programs are two different actions. You don't have to pay any money to submit your application. I'm in the same situation right now where my application is submitted but the stupid program tab won't open any programs, so I haven't been able to assign my application to anyone yet.

I recieved two "Confirmation of Order" e-mails for the same dollar amount. I really hope I didn't just get charged twice.

I recieved two "Confirmation of Order" e-mails for the same dollar amount. I really hope I didn't just get charged twice.

If they had any sense they would just shutdown for the day, open it up for 1/3 applicants tomorrow, then 1/3 the next few days... or 1/4 for the next 4 days.

Instead, they will "FIX IT LIVE!" and have tons of submission errors, application mistakes, and erroneous charges, magnifying their incompetence exponentially.

If they had any sense they would just shutdown for the day, open it up for 1/3 applicants tomorrow, then 1/3 the next few days... or 1/4 for the next 4 days.

Instead, they will "FIX IT LIVE!" and have tons of submission errors, application mistakes, and erroneous charges, magnifying their incompetence exponentially.
does this happen every year, or is it particularly bad this year?

Broadcast Message from MyERAS Staff: MyERAS is going offline.
Please save your work and logout now.

Looks they are shutting down... big message across the top warning to save, log out, then MyERAS is going offline. No clue for how long!

Did they hire the Obamacare website designers?

Reactions: 6 users
Zp11V5ql.jpg

Now I can't even log in to play Destiny. THANKS OBAMA.

Reactions: 4 users
Keep in mind that application submission and assigning it to programs are two different actions. You don't have to pay any money to submit your application. I'm in the same situation right now where my application is submitted but the stupid program tab won't open any programs, so I haven't been able to assign my application to anyone yet.

Thank you for the information. It's great to hear that I am not the only one with this issue. So there may be light at the end of the tunnel. Now for ERAS to open up the server so that I can assign, pay my money, and get this process completed

with a slogan like that, we should probably just "apply tomorrow"

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-15 at 2.17.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-15 at 2.17.04 PM.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 93
Service Temporarily Unavailable
In order to thoroughly troubleshoot the issues MyERAS users are experiencing, we will be placing the software application in maintenance mode temporarily. This morning we communicated these issues to the program community and we will be updating them that these issues persist.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Serious question. How important is it to get your applications in on the first day. Is there any real difference between doing it today, and say, one week from now? What is the benefit of getting it sent today, other than appeasing our OCD?

Serious question. How important is it to get your applications in on the first day. Is there any real difference between doing it today, and say, one week from now? What is the benefit of getting it sent today, other than appeasing our OCD?

Well, given that programs got basically 5% of the applications they expected today, I would say it all depends on when we get full function.

Who knows how long this will take to fix....a day? two days? a week? We'll be logging on tomorrow morning (I'm not refreshing my browser anymore today)... if you didn't apply today, I suggest you try again tomorrow.

I really don't think your possibilities of matching/not matching will be determined by a one day difference in application. Especially with all of this nonsense going on.

Reminds me of this

We're Sorry
The Application you are trying to reach is not available at this time.
That's what I've been seeing. I'm applying for a second residency and post-call today so it was PERFECT for me to apply today. UGH.

Really envy anyone who was able to get their app in. Not because I think it gives you an advantage or anything, but I was just mentally ready to submit everything at 8 am (CST) and be done by 9 or so then sit back and see what happens.

Anyone have any idea when ERAS might be back up?

I'm removing myself from LIMBO status and checking back tomorrow. Peace.

Are the ERAS tech people going to work on this overnight or do they just work 9-5?

Are the ERAS tech people going to work on this overnight or do they just work 9-5?

I'd be willing to bet they have a lot of people pulling a lot of OT to address the issues. They need the process to flow smoothly so they can justify migrating all programs to the web-based platform next year. The longer the problems drag out, the more push-back they are likely to receive.

Here's a FACT for you all to consider:

If you can prove in a court of law, that this delay caused harm to your application, you can sue ERAS. So this means, if invites go to people who got our their application early before ERAS crashed, and that being late led to your application having a smaller chance of being considered, then you can sue ERAS for all your fees, time, and expenses of getting a match this year. This is a lot of money for many people.

So in short, I'm one of those who couldn't apply becuase of this problem. I'm applying in a competitive subspecialty. I know for a fact last year programs were sorting out applications they received by Sept 15th afternoon/evening. If I don't match, I might have enough to sue ERAS.

This means they will HAVE TO contact programs and urge them not to start considering applications till they get it fixed and it works for everyone.

Here's a FACT for you all to consider:

If you can prove in a court of law, that this delay caused harm to your application, you can sue ERAS. So this means, if invites go to people who got our their application early before ERAS crashed, and that being late led to your application having a smaller chance of being considered, then you can sue ERAS for all your fees, time, and expenses of getting a match this year. This is a lot of money for many people.

So in short, I'm one of those who couldn't apply becuase of this problem. I'm applying in a competitive subspecialty. I know for a fact last year programs were sorting out applications they received by Sept 15th afternoon/evening. If I don't match, I might have enough to sue ERAS.

This means they will HAVE TO contact programs and urge them not to start considering applications till they get it fixed and it works for everyone.

I doubt suing is the right avenue, but this debacle is incredibly frustrating.

They knew the exact number of users, they have over 6 months to prepare the website, they will get over $1 million dollars in application fees, and all to transfer a few thousand words of information.

There are at least a dozen simple solutions to solve this problem, yet no one had any foresight. Some people will pay ERAS $2,000 to email a few thousand words of information, nearly a dollar per word.

This is no different than when people found where they matched a week early last year. I followed that story, and they mentioned their contract went to the lowest bidder. They are tech naive and hiring based on thrift instead of competence.

It's a sad display of execution and planning. They can blame technology, but that's an excuse. Why not create staggered approach to apply or a multiple week submission period?

I look forward to your updates on how that goes for you

Exactly. Essentially all the powers that be in medicine have figured out a way to charge whatever prices they want, deliver whatever level of service they see fit, and everyone just should accept it.

Education and politics in this country have become immune to any competition, leaving them crippled, incompetent and beyond repair. Without their protection, they would have long ago faded into extinction.

For example, they recommended using a 30 year old program called Notepad (That's right, it was created in 1985) to enter in our personal statements? This would be comical if they weren't endowed with so much authority.

Last edited: