Whats up with ERAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drk

Fellow
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Website has been incredibly slow with errors since late last night. Unable to login right now. Anyone else experiencing this?

Members don't see this ad.

so is it worth just waiting till the evening to come back to submit? no way programs can even download applications today right? its a madhouse over there

Man this sucks, I just want to get it over with... forever.

even last night it was this busy. man, i'm surprised that it didnt come up on this forum before how crazy it gets on the website right around this time, else i would have uploaded everything on saturday.

This is absurd! Does anyone know if it's worth just waiting several hours or until the evening to try submitting? How in the world does ERAS not prepare for this traffic?

Reactions: 1 user
Oh man, it's the worst when you actually log in and then try to go somewhere... such false hope. I still have to add a few experiences so I'm toast; it's simply laughing at my attempts.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah, my connection keeps getting reset. Seriously, thanks for not paying for extra servers cheapo AAMC. You'd think with all the fees we pay for everything they'd be able to pay for it.

I'm coming back in a few hours to see if I can actually get on and submit, but no I wouldn't worry about sitting around and trying to be the very first to submit today. I doubt programs are able to access many applications right now anyway and they'll likely be downloading all day.

Tried logging in three times with no luck. I'm just going to wait until later today.

Oh man, it's the worst when you actually log in and then try to go somewhere... such false hope. I still have to add a few experiences so I'm toast; it's simply laughing at my attempts.
Haha, I hear you man. Here's to hoping the false hope doesn't continue as the season progresses.

This is honestly ridiculous.

I'm assuming that his happens every year but the vast majority of us only have to deal with this once (fingers crossed) so no one really complains.

Because honestly, this is so dumb right now lol. The website is barely loading, you can't do anything, or it'll magically load and you click a link and nothing happens. Why not space out "application open" times throughout a week instead of all at once so your website doesn't mess up like this? Or if you want everyone on it once why not spend the money and get some decent servers? Stupidity all around, especially considering how much money all of these people make off of us.

Reactions: 3 users
Bah, this is pretty frustrating, I need to alter my personal statement and plan on submitting before its in. Anyone know if there is an easy way to uncheck my PS from being sent to programs... Unchecking them for each program is going to take forever at this point. I wonder if I should just make the PS blank by clearing everything in editing section since there isnt an option to delete it.

"We're Sorry" -no you're not:bored:

43 minutes and it still won't work! WTF?!

I actually left the clinic to try from home.

This is honestly ridiculous.

I'm assuming that his happens every year but the vast majority of us only have to deal with this once (fingers crossed) so no one really complains.

Because honestly, this is so dumb right now lol. The website is barely loading, you can't do anything, or it'll magically load and you click a link and nothing happens. Why not space out "application open" times throughout a week instead of all at once so your website doesn't mess up like this? Or if you want everyone on it once why not spend the money and get some decent servers? Stupidity all around, especially considering how much money all of these people make off of us.

It amazes me how incredibly incompetent services can get when they have a monopoly. No incentive to take 10 minutes and think of a solution. They'll get all of our money year after year regardless of the amount of effort or thinking they put forth.

This is a welcoming party to a incredibly large and inefficient bureaucracy.

Bah, this is pretty frustrating, I need to alter my personal statement and plan on submitting before its in. Anyone know if there is an easy way to uncheck my PS from being sent to programs... Unchecking them for each program is going to take forever at this point. I wonder if I should just make the PS blank by clearing everything in editing section since there isnt an option to delete it.

Well definitely don't do the latter. That'll just end up sending a blank personal statement to programs that you won't be able to replace with a real one.

I was just informed that programs using the web-based system won't be able to access applications until Noon. So don't worry if you are having trouble submitting.

not sure what's worse, This nightmare or ordering the iphone last friday!

I was just informed that programs using the web-based system won't be able to access applications until Noon. So don't worry if you are having trouble submitting.

Thanks for the information.

That makes this process a little less frustrating. :)

Was finally able to submit ERAS application to the ERAS postoffice! Now I think the next screen is selecting programs

Was finally able to submit ERAS application to the ERAS postoffice! Now I think the next screen is selecting programs

lol

good luck dude, it took me like 4 hours last night to select 20 programs and that was when it was just crawling along, not totally stopped.

I'll make sure they get feedback about this. It's a new problem. Last year, there was a 2 week period where applicants could apply, and then ERAS opened for programs. This year with the new web ERAS it all happens at once. This is poor design.

lol

good luck dude, it took me like 4 hours last night to select 20 programs and that was when it was just crawling along, not totally stopped.

Yeah, it took me a good 2-3 hours to assign letters and PS to programs. I meant my next step is to apply the programs!

I'll make sure they get feedback about this. It's a new problem. Last year, there was a 2 week period where applicants could apply, and then ERAS opened for programs. This year with the new web ERAS it all happens at once. This is poor design.

Why did they even change the system this year?

Is it even worth is to wait two hours to make a little change...I took off of work this morning to do this and I don't even think it will be done by 1pm

Finally made it all the way through and applied! Best of luck trying to get through this first hurdle.

I just saw I left out a period after one of my work experiences....
I hear a lot of people are having this issue. Very strange after all the saving we do while entering it in the first place. Do make sure to carefully review everything before submitting.

even with the new web based system, why wouldnt they allow this? it only makes sense to let students submit between sep 1-15 with the understanding that program cant actually receive them until sep 15. anyway, thanks for the perspective.

Step 1. Eliminate competition for a necessity
Step 2 ???
Step 3 Profit!!!

LOL. I got to page 3 of the submission page. Clicked the button...then timed out. I don't even know if it went through. :)

Trying to be zen about this. Not meeting with much success. :bang:

Someone on another forum joked that they were hacked by ISIS, LOL!

Submitted… finally.

Protip: Click on every button at least three times. It seemed to work much faster that way. Or maybe I'm crazy.

LOL. I got to page 3 of the submission page. Clicked the button...then timed out. I don't even know if it went through. :)

UPDATE: Now it is giving me an error staying that I have opened multiple sessions (which I didn't) and shamed me for it. Unbelievable. ERAS...you screwed up...not me. It must be nice to not have any competition as a business.

Yep. Now getting nothing but "multiple sessions" error messages. Of course I called ERAS...and you can imaging how that turned out. There has to be thousands of people calling in to find out the answer they already know as of why the server is so slow.

I remember calling ERAS more than a month ago...in an odd hour of the day and it still took forever for them to answer me back.

Last edited: