What's your percentile in Uworld? Just curious as to how I compare...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RynoTheGuy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where do you guys fall? Percentiles/Overall correct?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
what how are you guys scoring so high. im in 50s =( and my test is coming up in a couple of weeks

Man I feel you. The more I lurk around SDN, the more depressed I got with those people scoring sky high. Just keep pushing and try to learn from your mistakes.

Good luck bud

I feel like more beneficial than this would be if the thread had uworld % (first and second identified) and the corresponding step 1 score... But even with that I've seen such discrepancies.

If I do Unused-only, it's usually in the ballpark of 60-70%, sometimes as low as 50%. But that's almost always straight Path questions because that's all I have left.

If I do All, it's ~80-100% because of the other sections and knowing the answers.

First time through, I finished with 70% random, timed. Last ten or so were anywhere from 74-84%. Once I finished I took NBME11 and got a 247. Doing another go through right now, hopefully it's going to help.

I don't know how you guys get it so high. I finished on 62% and have been getting 240's on my NBMEs, 254 on UWSA.

38% done, have averaged an 83% more or less the whole time (haven't gone up or down, 74 low, 91 high)

Beast...

I don't know how you guys get it so high. I finished on 62% and have been getting 240's on my NBMEs, 254 on UWSA.

Same. I'm around 64% and am finishing up my last blocks (averaging around 75% for the last 10-15 though). Scoring in the 240-250 range right now. I can't imagine what level loveoforganic is at.

sheesh- some of you guys are intense - I'm banking around 61st percentile with 62% - haven't had an official practice exam so we'll see where my projected falls into. Good luck to all on the upcoming exam.

sheesh- some of you guys are intense - I'm banking around 61st percentile with 62% - haven't had an official practice exam so we'll see where my projected falls into. Good luck to all on the upcoming exam.

Scoring in the mid-80s with 38% in is insane. Don't compare yourself to that. You're at a good spot.

I'm looking more at my last 10-15 exams. I started uworld early beforeI had done a good first aid pass so I tanked a ton of them early on while I was learning (I am talking like 30s and 40s). Now that I have hit first aid better I am averaging more like 70% based on the last 15 sets (2 weeks til test date). No matter how well I do, my cumulative average (random, unused) is holding steady at 59%. I don't think going by cumulative average is a good way to measure yourself at all especially if you started UW earlier in your studying.

Cumulative average can be misleading no matter what you do. If you do Unused-only, you're going to use up what Uworld considers "high yield" questions quickly (that's why it asks the same questions over and over if you do Timed All) and your score will probably go down due to very hard, specific, somewhat low-yield questions.

Also it can be abnormally high - like mine (81%) if you tend to do Timed All, because the vast majority of questions you get are ones you've seen before and you already know the answer.

I was wondering if UWorld got harder/lower yield as you went along. I went from averaging 85% (80-89%) for two weeks straight with every other question essentially being something about the Hib vaccine to fluctuating wildly between 70-85% this week. Right now, my average is at 78% which includes a few 65%s before I started/completed my first pass. I do everything random, unused, and timed.

What I'm trying to say is that I think the Hib vaccine might be important.

I was wondering if UWorld got harder/lower yield as you went along. I went from averaging 85% (80-89%) for two weeks straight with every other question essentially being something about the Hib vaccine to fluctuating wildly between 70-85% this week. Right now, my average is at 78% which includes a few 65%s before I started/completed my first pass. I do everything random, unused, and timed.

What I'm trying to say is that I think the Hib vaccine might be important.

Not sure if awesome convuluted joke or serious...

Anyway have moved down to 68% average, 38% done and 75th percentile. Losing hope..

Not sure if awesome convuluted joke or serious...

Anyway have moved down to 68% average, 38% done and 75th percentile. Losing hope..

Don't lose hope! Once you get to the bottom of the UWorld barrel, what tends to be leftover are the really difficult pathology questions that get you on the minutiae. If anything, just think of it as a learning tool so that you don't make the same mistakes on the real thing. You're doing just fine, keep it up!