When are EMS evalautions released to preceptors?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rx2010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know when preceptors complete our EMS evaluations for rotations, we can see them right away. However, does the same apply for preceptors when we complete their evaluations? We are required to complete our evaluations for our current preceptors right now even though we still have 2 weeks of the rotation left. I'm just wondering if they can see our comments and evaluation for them once we complete it because some of my classmates and I want to leave comments about our preceptors, but are afraid they will see it, which will make it awkward to have to finish the last 2 weeks of rotation with them if they saw the comments...

I asked the lady in the APPE office and she claimed that our evaluations of the preceptors aren't released to them until a few months after the rotation is completed. I say she "claimed" because when I asked, "so they won't get our evaluations until after we graduate?" she said, "yeah, I think so... I need to check up on that."

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It's an internal process, so it's up to the school. Our school doesn't release the evaluations to preceptors until the end of the year. In many cases, releasing them earlier would prevent the evaluations from being anonymous as there may only be one student per preceptor. USC also doesn't release your grade until you've submitted your evaluation in an effort to reduce grade biased evals.