When are most interview invitations sent out?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedSchoolGirl19

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have received a few, but I was wondering around when I should expect to receive the bulk of them/start getting worried if I haven't. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I have 4 so far, I would like to know the answer to this question as well!

I have 4 so far, I would like to know the answer to this question as well!

Well aren't you all that and a bag of potato chips...
I am just kidding.

To the OP, it is random. But A LOT will come in september because so many all schools have to start interviewing non EDP at the latest by October.

Members don't see this ad :)
So when should we start getting worried??? I have zero interviews so far and about 7 of my schools are already sending out invites. If you are not in the first batch of invites does that mean that you are lower on the totem pole? I mean, especially since some of these people getting invites were complete after me at these schools. Im actually becoming very anxious about all of this.

So when should we start getting worried??? I have zero interviews so far and about 7 of my schools are already sending out invites. If you are not in the first batch of invites does that mean that you are lower on the totem pole? I mean, especially since some of these people getting invites were complete after me at these schools. Im actually becoming very anxious about all of this.

It depends on the school. In my experience, when some schools (like Georgetown) pass you over for an interview, you're done there. But other schools (like NYMC for example) will re-review you later and you might get an invite in October or something even though you were complete in July. You should not worry at all right now... you have terrific stats and ECs. Things will work out in time.

If you already have invitations, you are doing well. Many people have none yet.

I got the bulk of my interview invites in December/January (complete late August/early Sept) so there's no need to fret now.