When are Step 1 scores released if I took it on a Saturday?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

paroikoi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
Sorry if this question has been answered elsewhere. I cannot find the answer clearly spelled out anywhere, even though I feel like I've googled it plenty. I took Step 1 on Saturday, 4/20. Does anyone know if I should expect my score on 5/8 or 5/15? From what I can tell, if I had taken it on Friday, 4/19, I would get my score on 5/8. Likewise, if I had taken it on Monday, 4/22, I would get my score on 5/15. Saturday, 4/20, falls in between and I cannot tell when I should expect it. The wait is killing me. :)

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

From usmle.org:

Scores for Step 1, Step 2 CK and Step 3 are released each Wednesday. Generally these will include scores for examinees who tested three to four weeks before the release date. However, there are many factors that may delay an individual score release. Usually these will be quickly resolved and the score released in the next weekly cycle. Your registration entity will notify you via email when your score becomes available. When released, your scores will be posted to your registration entity's secure website: for Step 1 and Step 2, either NBME or ECFMG; for Step 3, FSMB. If you have not received your score within eight weeks of your test date, please contact us to determine the status of your score report. Please note that new scores are not released during the week of 4th of July or the week after Christmas.

No one can tell you with 100% certainty whether or not it will be 3 weeks later or 4 weeks or even longer...

And given that 5/8 is only 2 and a half weeks after 4/20, I doubt you will get your score that early.

I know it's tough, but be patient.

Last edited:
Thanks for the response. I know there are no guarantees about when I'll get my score. I mainly wanted to know if anyone has taken Step 1 on a Saturday and what their experience was (3 or 4 Wednesdays later). I guess I should have worded my question differently.

Patience is something God's been teaching me. Slowly. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
That does help. Thanks. I'll continue working under the assumption I won't be getting my score till the 15th...

That does help. Thanks. I'll continue working under the assumption I won't be getting my score till the 15th...

Hi I will be taking my exam on a Saturday too and have been trying to find out if I will be able to get my score on 3rd Wednesday or will it be fourth? Taking mine Dec23 (sat) , result 3rd wednesday (jan10) or (jan17) ?
It’s a very important concern for me so I thought of asking you directly if you got it on 3rd or 4th Wednesday? Thanks a lot