When can one reach out to job postings?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ibarne242

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently in 2nd year, now entering the second half of it. Graduate in June 2023. I know it's way early right now. My question is when can I reach out without looking stupid? I'm looking to work in North NJ or NYC as a primary care physician.
I was hoping I could start in like summer, perhaps as early as June or July? Not that I'm in a rush.

Members don't see this ad.

It's going to come down to how long it takes to get a license in the state you are looking at? I've gotten licenses in 6 weeks up to 10 months depending on the state.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So I applied for state license in March, and I'm glad I did because I didn't get the license until Oct, when I was really applying and interviewing at places. You should absolutely start that process if you know which states you want to practice in.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm also going to be working in NYC, and I'm in the same year of residency as you. I reached out to a few places this year and was told they'd like to start discussions this summer for positions beginning Fall 2023. So I'll start emailing people again in June/July.