When do I need to get recertified for immunization?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eddie269

Still in shock...
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I went to school in Oregon and was certified to do immunizations by Washington State Pharmacy Association in conjunction with ACPE. (so it says on my certificate).

Now I moved back to California and was curious if I have to get recertified?

Members don't see this ad.

Ok, so I went to school in Oregon and was certified to do immunizations by Washington State Pharmacy Association in conjunction with ACPE. (so it says on my certificate).

Now I moved back to California and was curious if I have to get recertified?

Holding it down in SF??? I know Florida doesn't recognize my immunization cert from Oregon due to it not being "board approved". Not sure about Cali laws - but this is a pretty awesome resource for pharmacy immunization in Cali.

Immunization Toolkit

The step-by-step guide is everything you need to setup a program.

My man! Definitely holding it down in SF...whatever it may be, lol.

Leave it to me to wait until the night before my immunization class to double check. I originally signed up for it because we got paid to do so. Now I am doing the pre-work and it's just way too much to do the night before so I am reconsidering. Why couldn't I have just called the Cali BOP during business hours? :(

I keep researching our certificate and it looks legit to be accepeted everywhere but who knows.

Members don't see this ad :)
My man! Definitely holding it down in SF...whatever it may be, lol.

Leave it to me to wait until the night before my immunization class to double check. I originally signed up for it because we got paid to do so. Now I am doing the pre-work and it's just way too much to do the night before so I am reconsidering. Why couldn't I have just called the Cali BOP during business hours? :(

I keep researching our certificate and it looks legit to be accepeted everywhere but who knows.

I feel like most immunization courses are through APhA...which should be board approved?