When do rejections come?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

newhavenjake

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When do schools send rejection letters?

At first I thought that no news was good news, but now I wonder.

I haven't heard anything from some schools for 2.5 months. Is that a good sign? Or have they just not gotten sending my rejection notices?

What are your experiences?

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't heard anything from some schools for 2.5 months. Is that a good sign?

do u really think that's a good sign?

best case senario would be that they're jst backed up

I've already recieved several rejections. I haven't heard from bunch of schools, but it seems like it is more likely that I will be recieving rejections soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
It depends on the school. Some send rejections as they go through apps, so in that case if you haven't been rejected it might be a good thing. But others hold on to all apps until the end of the application cycle, and send out rejections in May (or later). I'd call the schools. They are relatively willing to give you some info on where your application stands, and whether you're still being considered or just haven't been looked at yet.

newhavenjake said:
When do schools send rejection letters?

At first I thought that no news was good news, but now I wonder.

I haven't heard anything from some schools for 2.5 months. Is that a good sign? Or have they just not gotten sending my rejection notices?

What are your experiences?

The only thing that can be considered good news is a written acceptance. Until then, the rest is fairly irrelevant.

So rather than wondering whether news are good or bad, simply ask yourself if you have done all you could. Have you updated the school recently? Have you written a letter of interest? Have you called them?

If you have done all of the above, still not heard from any and you have the energy to do something else. Think about what you would do if you don't get in, how you would improve your application for next year (if that is what you really want to do) and how to transform your year-off into a plus rather than a hindrance for your development (medical and personal)...

The only thing you can truly control is your own actions, so focus on those rather than try to guess the meaning of ambiguous signs of this esoteric process.

My two cents.