when do step 2 scores need to be in by

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hi, I was not planning to take Step 2 until next year, but suddenly I'm getting mixed advice. Seems some programs require scores prior to ranking, while others just prior to graduation.

I would very much appreciate if you can tell me what you did, your own experience, etc. I have decent USMLE 1 scores and would rather postpone UMSLE 2 until February if possible.

Thank you for any input!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I was not planning to take Step 2 until next year, but suddenly I'm getting mixed advice. Seems some programs require scores prior to ranking, while others just prior to graduation.

I would very much appreciate if you can tell me what you did, your own experience, etc. I have decent USMLE 1 scores and would rather postpone UMSLE 2 until February if possible.

Thank you for any input!

I was only asked twice about Step 2CK scores in my 15 interviews. A few programs will not rank you if you do not have Step 2 CK scores by the day they making the rank list-typically Jan/Feb. If I were you, I would take it late in the year around in november, and if you do poorly, don't release the score. If the score is ok, release them.

I didn't take my step 2 last year til spring - way after match lists were made. None of the programs where I applied required it and none of them even asked about it. You should probably check with the programs you're interested in - if none of them require it, you could put it off till spring.