When interviewed, how many applicants are you usually grouped with?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AHossain

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
And on average, how many applicants are being considered alongside with you during that application review generally?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

12-15; and there were 2x as many interviewees as there were seats in the program
I'm sure it varies by program, though. Why not ask the admissions director at the program you're interested in?

for the schools with extensions, would you still be interviewed in groups if you submitted way later?

Depends on the school, I've been invited to 5 interviews so far, attended 3 (accepted at all 3 that I did interview at). One school had 3 10min interview one on one with one faculty. Another two faculty with you alone and last one I've been to was two interviewers with 6 students at the same time.

Honestly, my best advice to you is don't overly prepare. The one with 6 candidates at the same time, it was hard to listen to how scripted some students made it. It didn't seem real at all, one of the interviewers even started to eat an apple and they were very bored. If you really want to be apart of this profession, let it come from the heart. As clique as that sounds, it really shows how much you want to become and how passionate you are about pharmacy.

Don't repeat a lot that is most likely already known from your Pharmcas.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user