When is it too late to apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LadyPod

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Planning on taking the MCAT on Jan 8th. I am a little concerned if it would be too late to apply then? I have been browsing the 'what are my chances' thread and noticed that applicants are already receiving acceptances. My grades are above the average for most schools (cgpa 3.4, sgpa 3.3) and my application is already filled out online. Should I just submit now or wait until after my MCAT is done in Jan? I do not want to submit my application in February when I receive my score because I fell it might be too late. I plan on applying to Temple, NYCPM, CSPM, KSUCPM, Scholl, and DMU.

I appreciate your help!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I would submit now rather than wait, and just make sure you release your scores as soon as you get them back, but at least if you submit the app. now you can get verified and everything so that way once yr scores are in the process will go by quickly

Reactions: 1 user
I took my MCAT in late January this year and sent out my app afterwards. A week or so after my MCAT score was posted in February I received all my interviews. You'll be fine on time

Members don't see this ad :)
I did the same thing as Toadesque last year. I applied after I took the MCAT in Jan., had a couple interviews lined up prior to receiving MCAT score. Your GPA is right on par with the average so you should be good to go.

Thank you so much Toadesque and Pod Zilla for replying back. I feel a lot better knowing that I can take the MCAT in January and submit my application afterwards without worrying that seats will be filled by then.