When is the latest to retake MCAT without delaying primary application review?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BlackForester

Reaction score
is late June too late?

Members don't see this ad.

I took my MCAT late June but submitted my primary first week of June. This allowed for my primary to be verified in July but on the negative side, I applied blind, meaning I didn't know what I scored on my MCAT. Regardless, it worked out, and I've received multiple A's.

If you think you'd benefit from having more time to study, and taking it in June, go for it.

I took my MCAT late June but submitted my primary first week of June. This allowed for my primary to be verified in July but on the negative side, I applied blind, meaning I didn't know what I scored on my MCAT. Regardless, it worked out, and I've received multiple A's.

If you think you'd benefit from having more time to study, and taking it in June, go for it.

Which June date did u take it?

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitting early to a "throwaway" school will allow AMCAS to verify transcripts without the need to apply blind.
When you get your score, you add the appropriate schools (having prepared pre-written secondaries!). They will upload in a single business day.

It is most important that you get your best possible MCAT.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Submitting early to a "throwaway" school will allow AMCAS to verify transcripts without the need to apply blind.
When you get your score, you add the appropriate schools (having prepared pre-written secondaries!). They will upload in a single business day.

It is most important that you get your best possible MCAT.

im registered for May 24 but thinking of moving it to June 16/30. Im worried about timing and that I will enter into the cycle too late.

I know the typical premed advice is to take the MCAT in like March/April to give you time for a retake, but I always advise my mentees to do it in like late May for precisely OP's reason.

You can take your MCAT, submit your app to a throwaway school, and then let your app go through the verification process while you're waiting for your score to come back.

And if you bombed the MCAT in April, are you really going to learn enough to retake in like a month? Nah. You'd be better off taking a gap year

Reactions: 3 users
I know the typical premed advice is to take the MCAT in like March/April to give you time for a retake,

As you have noted, the MCAT is not like tests from high school.
All (unvoided) tests are visible and will be considered.
Poor judgement will be part of the equation.

I only hope that your observation that this is "typical pre-med advice" is not a reality.
Given what I have seen, you may be correct, though.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users