when to find housing/car, human anatomy and physiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

glme

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

1. I am a newly accepted student (TX), but my undergrad is on the opposite side of the country and I will not be going to TX until starting dental school in July. Does anyone have experience finding housing/car in such situations? Should I start looking now or just get there a few weeks before dental school starts and figure out?

2. Are there loans/financing options available to help with the starting cost for the housing/car?

3. I am deciding what to take for my winter session, and was wondering if I should take human anatomy and physiology or something else that I am just purely interested in. Would having taken human anatomy and physiology in undergrad helpful in dental school?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Can’t comment on the move to Texas. Having a grasp of human anatomy before dental school would be really helpful since it’s a tough subject at first. Just make sure you take it seriously and don’t fail it (senioritis).

If you're planning to rent, I would start looking at zillow, craigslist/padmapper to get an idea of prices and the general area in which you want to live. But I wouldn't start actively contacting landlords or apartments until a couple of months before school starts.

Contact housing assistance or whatever the name it is at your TX school to fill the application for housing or at least ask your questions. At my school they had on and off campus reduced cost housing
In regards to a car purchase, I guess you can use your living expenses or savings once you are already at school to avoid shipping costs