When to give up on WL hopes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lifesux

Reaction score
I am super grateful about the fact that I have received an A, but I am waitlisted at my dream school & would go there in a heartbeat if accepted. As May gets closer (and the beginning of WL movement), I have been very nervous about when to start looking for housing for my current acceptance? I don't want to put off looking for an apartment for too long, as things tend to get taken fairly quickly. But, I also can't predict if & when I will get off the WL. Any advice on when to officially give up hope for the WL and start looking for a lease? Classes start mid-July. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You can come off the waitlist up until the day before classes begin. However, to avoid the regret of what might have been, take yourself off the waitlist when you have to pull the trigger on a lease at the other school. Nothing is more disappointing than to get the call and have to turn it down because you are in too deep with a financial obligation in a different location.

Reactions: 7 users
Any advice on when to officially give up hope for the WL and start looking for a lease? Classes start mid-July.
When is your CYMS deadline?

How far away is campus? How much are you moving (items and cost)? You need to set your timeline... you are an adult. If you like having the uncertainty stress, great.

By hanging on your WL, you might prevent another possible student to get a shot.