When to submit applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmDBee

Accepted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a P4 currently gathering application requirements from residency programs. Most of the sites still list information from last years cycle. I understand that most sites have application deadlines around January 1st. However, it seems advantageous to submit as early as possible. When do programs typically begin accepting applications?

I'm planning to apply to 8-10 programs. Though I'm going to Midyear, this will not factor into my decision much, because I am geographically limited (unfortunatley to the saturated Chicagoland area).

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a P4 currently gathering application requirements from residency programs. Most of the sites still list information from last years cycle. I understand that most sites have application deadlines around January 1st. However, it seems advantageous to submit as early as possible. When do programs typically begin accepting applications?

I'm planning to apply to 8-10 programs. Though I'm going to Midyear, this will not factor into my decision much, because I am geographically limited (unfortunatley to the saturated Chicagoland area).

Thanks!

Submit after Midyear. There is not much advantage to submitting early.

Submit after Midyear. There is not much advantage to submitting early.

There is an advantage to submitting early, just not THAT early. Wait until after midyear.

There is an advantage to submitting early, just not THAT early. Wait until after midyear.

Right. I gave myself the deadline of having everything submitted by Christmas. This gave me plenty of time since most programs have a deadline somewhere between Jan 1-15th. There is always a lull around the holidays and many people are out of the office.