When to take DAT and apply

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eirek1234

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently finishing up all of my pre-req's and have almost no time to study for the DAT with doing Univ Physics 2, Org Chem 2, Calc 2, etc..

I know applications open up June 4th to apply, but I was wondering if anyone knew when the deadline was for the first cycle? I'd like more than a month to study for the DAT, but obviously want to apply during the first cycle.

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Any help would be appreciated. I know the DAT takes around 10 days to get sent in, and of course the application should be submitted close to June 4th so they have time to get in the LOR's, Personal Statement etc..

Does anyone know around when is the last you can take the DAT and have it get in within the time frame for the 1st cycle?

Thanks

You will get many opinions but I think you should make a plan to do really well on the DAT and if that means taking it later in the summer than so be it.
I'm not sure when the last day to take the DAT is for the next cycle but I think February rings a bell as the deadline for apps.
Some here say, August is still considered early. Early or late, I'm doing my test in August. I'm taking 3 summer courses and I need to take it when I feel I'm truly ready, as in doing it right the first time.

You will get many opinions but I think you should make a plan to do really well on the DAT and if that means taking it later in the summer than so be it.
I'm not sure when the last day to take the DAT is for the next cycle but I think February rings a bell as the deadline for apps.
Some here say, August is still considered early. Early or late, I'm doing my test in August. I'm taking 3 summer courses and I need to take it when I feel I'm truly ready, as in doing it right the first time.

Thanks, wish there was some definite information on when the last day to take the DAT was for the first cycle. I hate thinking that I might have another month if I delayed to study and that it wouldn't hurt my chances.

Members don't see this ad :)
What's your overall GPA? I ask because this helps determine how "late" you can apply. The higher the GPA (and the better the DAT score), the later you can apply (for the most part).

I agree with Msmouth. I'd rather apply a couple months later and have a bomb DAT score than apply early and have a crappy DAT score and have to retake the DAT again.

Do it right the first time if you can

What's your overall GPA? I ask because this helps determine how "late" you can apply. The higher the GPA (and the better the DAT score), the later you can apply (for the most part).

I agree with Msmouth. I'd rather apply a couple months later and have a bomb DAT score than apply early and have a crappy DAT score and have to retake the DAT again.

Do it right the first time if you can

I should have a 3.91 GPA after this semester is done with.

Is it ok to submit the AADSAS before you take the DAT/have scores to input?

Yes, that is totally fine. Once you take your DAT, they send the scores to all the schools. No worries. But make sure you call the schools to check if they received it!!