when you call up a program to express your interst...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ferdie

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
...(ie to look for an interview), how do you phrase your expression of interest so as not to be annoying or too awkward?

Members don't see this ad.

i am wondering this as well... i am getting so confused about this process....it seems totally random. i got interviews places where people with the same scores were rejected. one of my friends just got an invite to a program i am super interested in but haven't heard from -- he didn't take the usmle and got exactly average comlex scores. do they just throw darts at our applications or what?

(sorry about the spelling mistake in the thread title. I'm dumber than average :)

You typically dont. You can talk with people there if you have general questions about the program that weren't answered during the interview.

But to tell them you REALLY wanna go there doesn't mean JACK. Places will tell you the same thing, that they REALLY want you. It doesn't mean JACK.

If you are calling to get an interview then you can ask the secretary the status of your application. THats all. A program director would get really really pissed if you some how talked your way onto his/her phone line just to ask if you were getting an interview there. Imagine receiving several calls a week about that while trying to get his/her job done.