Where are my Nigerian brothers & sisters??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharmd07

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey yalll
I was just wondering if there were any other Nigerians on here besides myself?
If so, what pharm schools did you all apply to?

Members don't see this ad.

Don't know what are you talking about, i never saw any nigerian or even african american health care professionals except CNA or nurses.

Hi, Pharmd07, i am a nigerian too. I completely disagree that africans only work as CNA or Nurses. That is so not true. There so many nigerians in a health professional field like doctors, pharmacist. i work with a nigerian pharmacist.

Members don't see this ad :)
Who is saying such an ugly thing about Nigerians? Hey, I'm Nigerian too. Believe me, there are many of us in science.

Don't know what are you talking about, i never saw any nigerian or even african american health care professionals except CNA or nurses.

No, you don't know what your talking about because if you took a closer look, you would see that not only Nigerians, but Africans alike work in almost all facets of healthcare, ranging from pharmacists to those with their PHD's. It's obvous your only seeing what you like, too bad you have narrow thinking, oh well at the end of the day it's really your problem.:smuggrin:

I am an African American and I think that the messages posted in this thread really are unnecessary, lack depth and certainly do not contain any useful information. Stereotypes about people, good or bad, do not advance anyone's cause and perpetuate ignorance. When you get accepted to pharmacy school, secure a job or simply live and function among other human beings, I hope that you realize that people regardless of race, skin color or any other distinctive trait have the ability and potential to be successful as healthcare professionals and business leaders. The world is becoming increasingly diverse and it would benefit us all to understand that noone owns intelligence, education or type of profession. We are all in this together, so open your mind to reality.

I think I'll read some helpful threads now.

I am an African American and I think that the messages posted in this thread really are unnecessary, lack depth and certainly do not contain any useful information. Stereotypes about people, good or bad, do not advance anyone's cause and perpetuate ignorance. When you get accepted to pharmacy school, secure a job or simply live and function among other human beings, I hope that you realize that people regardless of race, skin color or any other distinctive trait have the ability and potential to be successful as healthcare professionals and business leaders. The world is becoming increasingly diverse and it would benefit us all to understand that noone owns intelligence, education or type of profession. We are all in this together, so open your mind to reality.

Well said. I think this is about the third time I have seen a "Where are my (Place preferred ethnic group here) at?" thread. I too find these threads useless and uninformative. Do you ever go into a store or a library and shout out where are all my people at? I also find this thread very ironic. I am sure if the creator of this thread was white, and made bold statements linking intelligence and job title to his skin color, he/she would be labled as a racist. Just some food for thought.

Hey yalll
I was just wondering if there were any other Nigerians on here besides myself
Of course, everyone knows the unlimited potential of Nigerians

Don't know about that, but the last time I saw nigerians was on cnn - they all were fighting over a pot of UN food in some nigeria village...

Hey yalll
I was just wondering if there were any other Nigerians on here besides myself
Of course, everyone knows the unlimited potential of Nigerians

Don't know about that, but the last time I saw nigerians was on cnn - they all were fighting over a pot of UN food in some nigeria village...

:laugh:

konkan and Bill_252001 - I really shouldn't give this thread anymore attention, but you both had to go there didn't you. I wonder if you would have posted these replies if you weren't anonymous. Truly not funny...

This is to FutureRxDealer and everyone else with negative things to say about this post..
Why Is it wrong for me to create a thread just beacuse I would like to idenitfy with other future nigerian pharmacists? None of you were forced to view or post to this thread so why, if it doesnt apply let it fly...

what a ridiculous statement? I don't see nothing wrong with referencing some one's ethnic background.........It's is good to represent some one's ethnic background-------so at least in pharmacy school or any other professional school, one does not feel isolated.... most professionals school consist mainly of whites anyways... so I do not see what's wrong with the few minorites there identifying with themselves-=- at least there is someone they could relate to more closely.

I'm not saying I agree with the negative posts, but I think what they were trying to say in a less constructive way, is if you want to relate more closely to someone, why use something that differentiates you from everyone else. Normally if your trying to relate to someone you would draw on similarities. For instance, everyone here is applying to, has been accepted to, or has graduated from pharmacy school. In that we are all equals. By designating a thread to something very few people can relate to, it benefits only a select few, and even then, unless you plan on devoting the rest of the thread to how Nigerians can better present themselves to ADCOM's the benefit is limited at best. I understand it's great not to feel alone. That's why I come on to discuss difficulties with admissions, applications, pharmacy related stuff. Then everyone is free to participate and relate more closely to everyone else.

I'm not saying I agree with the negative posts, but I think what they were trying to say in a less constructive way, is if you want to relate more closely to someone, why use something that differentiates you from everyone else. Normally if your trying to relate to someone you would draw on similarities. For instance, everyone here is applying to, has been accepted to, or has graduated from pharmacy school. In that we are all equals. By designating a thread to something very few people can relate to, it benefits only a select few, and even then, unless you plan on devoting the rest of the thread to how Nigerians can better present themselves to ADCOM's the benefit is limited at best. I understand it's great not to feel alone. That's why I come on to discuss difficulties with admissions, applications, pharmacy related stuff. Then everyone is free to participate and relate more closely to everyone else.

Very well put Farmercyst!!!:thumbup:

There's nothing inherently wrong with trying to locate members of your own ethnic group on a forum this this...

If you aren't interested in Nigeria, Nigerian students, fine. This thread probably wouldn't interest you, so...

Please refrain from name-calling and making generalizations about various groups.

Thanks! :)

I think Nigerian's get a bad rap because there is tons of fraud and bad things coming out of the country, I know first hand with people working online stealing peoples bank info through a service to help the deaf. with with that said I hate the Fraud people coming from there but thats no reason to put down the people that are actually trying to help everyone.