Where do you study?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PocketRocket

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Mainly library? in your apartment? cafe? A mix? Don't study at all?

Members don't see this ad.

I studied in the library some but mostly at my place since I tend to pace and talk to myself like a madman while memorizing things.

Reactions: 1 user
Home for sure! Theres a stocked fridge, a clean bathroom, and its nice and quiet. Nothing as good as home

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't always study, but when I do, I prefer to do it at home where my wife can feed me.

Reactions: 1 users
I studied in the library some but mostly at my place since I tend to pace and talk to myself like a madman while memorizing things.
Hm. I thought I was the only one that did this. Now I don't feel nearly as weird.
:highfive:

Starbucks, Peet's Coffee usually-I need outside noise to keep me awake and going.
When I was in dental school, I spent so much time at the local Starbucks/Barnes and Noble that the baristas knew me by name (and occassionally threw me free goodies) lol.
Every now and then, home is fine. I find changing up the scenery helps as well. Its probably a psychological thing..

Oh wow, I was not expecting so many people to study at home. In undergrad, my best work seemed to come from places which I dedicated to studying and that was never the place where I slept. The nap is too tempting sometimes. I guess I got to try a bunch of places before I find my favorite.
Thanks guys!

I'm not sure if dental school will be similar, but I do my best studying at home. Whenever I would go somewhere to study, I would find that it's such annoyance. Either people talking loudly, eating extremely awful smelling food, I'd have to pack up my laptop and take it to the bathroom with me so it wouldn't get stolen, inevitably leaving something I needed to study at home, people wanted to talk to me, etc.

I just try my best to have an established spot at home that I only use to study. That way when I'm there, I'm in "study mode".

Reactions: 3 users
At home with earplugs regardless of whether it's already quiet or not

Like a good number of people have mentioned, I definitely like to study at home. For a new concept/first time reviewing something, I need a quiet space so I can hear myself talking hahaha. Plus, I drink a ton of water while studying to keep hydrated and so I need easy access to a bathroom.

Cafes and other places are reserved for casual reviewing

Like a good number of people have mentioned, I definitely like to study at home. For a new concept/first time reviewing something, I need a quiet space so I can hear myself talking hahaha. Plus, I drink a ton of water while studying to keep hydrated and so I need easy access to a bathroom.

Cafes and other places are reserved for casual reviewing
i read the beginning of your sentence like the "like a good neighbor, statefarm is there" jingle... then tried to carry it on for the rest and i stroked

Outside in parks if the weather is good.

At a coffee shop or library if it isn't, but I try to get as close to a window as possible.

The library, with home sometimes thrown in. The environment is the best fit for studying.

Awesome, i know i either like it quiet or when there is a static noise like wind, cars, blended voices. If I am in a coffee shop and some sits next to me and starts having a loud convo I really want to tell them to stfu lol

Library. I like it quiet but not too quiet where there aren't any people around.

If I can't concentrate where I'm studying. I just pop some good ol' classical music and let Mozart do his work.

At my undergrad, I always went to the library that had a study room. It consisted of a whiteboard, markers, a laptop, and noise cancelling room. So I was able to make as much self talking and grunts as I can without being judged! Great for study groups!

As I am entering into my D1, I too need to find a place that I can study that mimics that exact study room.