where to go from here????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ams23osu

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys heres my story:

I started college at 17, no idea what I wanted to do with my life. Hated school. Failed out second semester. Went to community college the next year and got 3.5 gpa overall. The year after that I attended a private university. Did ok. Eventually could not afford that university, so I took a semester off and the next semester I transferred to a public university. Currently still enrolled here. I'm doing ok. My spga when I graduate will be around 3.1 (plan to graduate fall 2019.) I have not taken my mcat yet. I've worked as a scribe for three years. I also have worked part time as an EMT for a year. I have 100's of shadowing hours as well as 100's of volunteer hours. I have research hours as well. and truthfully: I'm burnt out. I've been in school a total of 6 years, 7 when I finally graduate undergrad. I'm not sure if I should continue chasing this dream of mine. I will be 24 when I graduate undergrad. I want a family one day, but not when I'm accent. I've recently hit a wall with school, I have no interest, I'm just tired. I'm not sure my gpa will be good enough to even get into medical school, so I'm debating about becoming a clinical research coordinator after graduation. For two reasons: because I severely need a break from school and also to save money. I've also debated about going to an accelerated nursing or PA program after graduation and one day if I change my mind and want to pursue medicine again, I can. I'm just lost right now and need guidance. Can someone help?

Members don't see this ad.

people with gpa's of 3.1 have gotten into med school, sure it won't be easy but ask yourself how badly you want it; just remember becoming a doctor is a marathon not a sprint

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I made it with a low GPA, but i had a stellar MCAT. Take a break and figure out what you want to do, i wanted to be a physician so i ne er gave up on it

It is totally okay to be exhausted. Better to admit it to yourself instead of trying to push forward when you can't take it and then further damaging your GPA. I had a 3.1 cumulative ( though a 3.7 science) and a fairly good MCAT and just about had my pick of osteopathic schools this last cycle, interview invites from 10 out of the 14 Schools I applied to. I'm 28 and I'll be 29 when I'm a trick you late so definitely don't feel too old. I was just taking some time off of school but focusing on the shadowing and stuff that will remind you what is waiting at the end. I'll just reiterate, don't try and keep pushing yourself through some schooling right now if you really are burnt. Take some time off and feel good about it.