Which AAMC Exams to take in Time Crunch?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

makingthejump

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you have taken all 8, can you rank them from most representative to least representative? My exam is coming up and I don't have time for all 8, if I could only take 4-6, which would you recommend?

Members don't see this ad.

If you have taken all 8, can you rank them from most representative to least representative? My exam is coming up and I don't have time for all 8, if I could only take 4-6, which would you recommend?

The later AAMC tests are agreed to be the most representative of the real MCAT. Pick however many of the last ones you plan to take (4-6, like you mentioned) and take them in order from least to greatest, and that will give you an excellent read on what your score will be come test day.

I'm planning on post-gaming them really good and might not be able to take two based on my schedule. I think post-gaming is crucial to doing well on this test, more important than anything else.

Members don't see this ad :)
The only one where I noticed a difference was AAMC 11 BS. The rest of the sections seemed to me to be more or less the same. The BS on the real test is more like that one.

Thanks for this useful information, I'm going to find a way to squeeze all 8 exams in but might only be able to really post-game 6 of them. I'm being cautious of burnout as well b/c it seems like a lot of people burnout before their actual exam